Does Britain need nuclear weapons ?

rouge nations

b65zjuiek3ehhmp75dyl.png.jpeg

I think we should have aircraft carriers without any aircraft.....oh.
Military planning is appalling.

I think the Japanese constitution also forbids the creation of conventional ‘offensive’ forces. Defence forces are allowed but I guess it’s as close to a pacifist nation as you can get which is a legacy of its experience during the war and wider than just the nuclear question.

I have no idea what your second para is trying to say.

They've fudged that a bit in recent times. The Izumo class helicopter carriers are so designated because that's a defensive posture whereas a fixed wing carrier is clearly expeditionary and therefore offensive. Yet the design is palpably of that kind in order to swiftly convert them to fighter aircraft rapidly should the need arise. It wouldn't be ideal for it (STOVL only and no ski jump), but it could be used in that way to some extent by borrowing F35Bs. And they've been considering it too, given North Korea's behaviour.

I think we should have aircraft carriers without any aircraft.....oh.
Military planning is appalling.

Utter nonsense. There are no fighters (but there are helicopters) on board because Queen Elizabeth isn't yet operational, she's in sea trials. When she's ready for fixed wing testing, they'll arrive on board. The amount of unmitigated bollocks spouted by people on this subject beggars belief. They seem to assume when she sets sail she's ready to go to war. It's not how it works and never has been. USS Gerald Ford has SEVEN YEARS of working up before she's operational. HMS Queen Elizabeth is entirely on track, and quickly too.

Utter nonsense. There are no fighters (but there are helicopters) on board because Queen Elizabeth isn't yet operational, she's in sea trials. When she's ready for fixed wing testing, they'll arrive on board. The amount of unmitigated bollocks spouted by people on this subject beggars belief. They seem to assume when she sets sail she's ready to go to war. It's not how it works and never has been. USS Gerald Ford has SEVEN YEARS of working up before she's operational. HMS Queen Elizabeth is entirely on track, and quickly too.
Oh, it's called irony!

They've fudged that a bit in recent times. The Izumo class helicopter carriers are so designated because that's a defensive posture whereas a fixed wing carrier is clearly expeditionary and therefore offensive. Yet the design is palpably of that kind in order to swiftly convert them to fighter aircraft rapidly should the need arise. It wouldn't be ideal for it (STOVL only and no ski jump), but it could be used in that way to some extent by borrowing F35Bs. And they've been considering it too, given North Korea's behaviour.

Noted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.