Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Two things.

This wasn't terrible game by City it was slightly rusty from some players but it was basically attack vs defence the whole game. They did nothing new, they just packed their penalty box and dove in the way of every shot, tugged and barged every City attacker at every opportunity... Not that I blame Wigan as it's the only chance they had of getting anything. What I want to know is do these pundits not get bored of giving so much over the top praise for the same old thing? (Rochdale against Spurs was more of a surprise because they didn't use those tactics, they tried to take the game to them) Giving credit to the team who came out at half time knowing they'd only have to face 10 men and they still got dominated and managed one attack on the counter with our defenders pushed up to the half way line for the majority of the half to boot.

Secondly I don't care what anyone says the red card decision was a disgrace the amount of dangerous challenges that we've had against us that didn't get a red card when they should have and the bastards give one for a yellow card challenge at best? They should have to answer for it, if they had given reds for the hatful of genuine red card fouls it wouldn't be so bad but this seems like it's a deliberate "fuck you City" from the FA for having the audacity to complain about incompetent/bent officials putting players at risk. The ball was bouncing so that's why his foot was raised, that's the main shout they had to defend the decision defeated right there, also it's his trailing leg where the contact came(studs did not come into contact with the player).. another reason why it's not a red - along with the intent not being there to take the player out. The player flailing on the floor and his team mates new exactly what they were doing... selling a decision to the ref.

Last edited:
After last night i have came to the conclusion that for the rest of season in any match of significance stones and laporte shouldn't start together, otemendi or kompany should be in the starting 11 with either of them. Komps and Otem are real leaders in defense, both laporte and stones need a leader around them with laporte being new/young and stones still devloping/recovering from injury set back.

So wigan fans were throwing missiles into our end and not a steward or copper in sight, yet when blues react they get twatted with batons.
Always seems to be a different approach by GMP when it's us, I has been bottled outside the swamp before while coppers watched on and yet reprimanded for swearing outside our ground.
Police advice to limit fans in bars after the QPR game, home derbys etc.
Now maybe I am just being reactionary, but I wonder at times

Also that fat **** at the end with no shirt ffs ;-)

Last edited:
A couple of things which I fear for us. This back 4 couldn't handle their breaks from the off, which is concerning bearing in mind the big teams we have to play in knock out competition.
Arsenal's rapid forwards have just had a massive boost watching that and the full back positions, without a doubt, will be targeted.
The bad press we get regarding refereeing decisions does influence these refs. So Pep demands protection for all players, Who was ever going to be the first to suffer from a risky tackle? This will also negate any appeal as we will be charged with hypocrisy by the media.
In Europe it will be the same, heads of National Association's claiming us and PSG are stood on a diving board pissing on them?
We will not be allowed to win, and it will be dodgy diving / refereeing decisions that do for us.
Pep has won nothing here yet, so somehow this team has to win on Sunday, or it starts to unravel.
In true City fan style, although the league looks sorted, I still can't get out of my head, that we were 8 points behind them, with 6 games to go and won it. That scenario still looms, although I am hoping we win it on Derby day.
So for me, win the league, and hopefully league cup on Sunday. CL? Not allowed in that one I'm afraid.

So wigan fans were throwing missiles into our end and npt a steward or copper in sight, yet when blues react they get twatted with batons.
Always seems to be a different approach by GMP when it's us, I has been bottled outside the swamp before while coppers watched on and yet reprimanded for swearing outside our ground.
Police advice to limit fans in bars after the QPR game, home derbys etc.
Now maybe I am just being reactionary, but I wonder at times

The BBC TV made it look like it was just City fans causing trouble by tightly focusing on them. I only got in from work at 10 and 5live made it clear Wigan fans were goading City fans.

Yer man Holland on Talkshite actually telling it how it is. Saying the Wigan fans were out of order going over to the City end. Mind you, from the footage above, that shows our fans throwing stuff at them as well.

Yer man Holland on Talkshite actually telling it how it is. Saying the Wigan fans were out of order going over to the City end. Mind you, from the footage above, that shows our fans throwing stuff at them as well.

That's gonna happen though if you have bellends goading you, suppose it's lucky our lot didn't go on the pitch too, and you can see at one point while wigan lot are allowed to fuck about a copper with his batton out aimed at the city lot, not good policing at all.

Anyway done now and only people the fa should be charging is wigan with failing to control the crowd.

Also maybe the bbc will learn not to put us on telly in the FA cup as that pitch invasion has nothing on the 93 Qtr final V spurs ;-)

Last edited:
Two thoughts:

1) The fucker with the shirt and tie. Guess I never knew McDonalds was that strict on the uniform.

2) Guess his favorite fat ass customer showed up. And needed fries with that. Good grief man.

my concern is the pace of our defense.... only Kyle has the pace in our back line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.