Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sat behind 2 arsenal scouts last night - I tried Malcolm Allison's trick and kept saying how slow sane now is and how Silva does nothing even if he has acres of space. Every little helps.

Strongest team and let's get the first piece of silverware wrapped up.

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Kompany
Danilo
Fernandinho
Silva
KDB
Sterling
Aguero
Silva.

You can't play Bravo who refused to come off his line against a forward like Aubameyang.

Guardiola has already said Bravo will play, so any discussion about the keepers is moot really. He won’t go back on his word.

Fans spend loadsamoney, tickets travel,food etc,and they get bravo in net what a joke.Some fans are forgetting how poor he is,Everton away for fucks sake...

Otamendi and Sterling back in, KDB and Walker from the start. We will see a reaction to last night as well as playing on a pitch that is not overwatered to slow the ball down like last night. Not sour grapes by the way just an observation.

In conclusion Bravo must be the unluckiest goalkeeper in the planet. Every shot he faces is a worldly that's why he never makes a save. Sure it was walkers fault but he could and in my opinion should have saved that . just once it would be nice to see him save something and I'm not talking about the lottery that is a penalty shoot out. In any case as long as Bernardo and Gundog don't start we should be fine. Oh and leave the defensive cock ups to the arse

Guardiola has already said Bravo will play, so any discussion about the keepers is moot really. He won’t go back on his word.

Shame.

I just don’t understand not playing a player in a final who is clearly better than the other and pivotal to the way we play. This is even more crucial against a side that on their day can turn it on.

Why not just play Foden in midfield in place of Silva while we are at it.

Bravo wasn’t brought in as a number 2. He was brought in as a number one and failed at it.

If I was an outfield player I would want the best chance of securing a medal and seeing Ederson behind me would give me that.

Like you say, doesn’t matter what we think cos it ain’t happening

Otamendi and Sterling back in, KDB and Walker from the start. We will see a reaction to last night as well as playing on a pitch that is not overwatered to slow the ball down like last night. Not sour grapes by the way just an observation.

Kompany must start on Sunday. Stones is a fucking joke at the minute and Laporte hasn’t played enough yet for that type of game.

We need all our leaders on the pitch.

Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero (if he is available)

The only gamble should be Bravo as that’s a big enough one on its own.

Shame.

I just don’t understand not playing a player in a final who is clearly better than the other and pivotal to the way we play. This is even more crucial against a side that on their day can turn it on.

Why not just play Foden in midfield in place of Silva while we are at it.

Bravo wasn’t brought in as a number 2. He was brought in as a number one and failed at it.

If I was an outfield player I would want the best chance of securing a medal and seeing Ederson behind me would give me that.

Like you say, doesn’t matter what we think cos it ain’t happening

It’s a difficult one for the manager. On the one hand, Ederson is clearly the superior keeper and his inclusion, like you say, gives us a greater chance of winning the trophy.

On the other hand, Bravo has played a huge part in us getting to the final, and it might not be good for squad morale to drop him now. We might need to call on Bravo later in the season if Ederson were to get injured, and also it probably sends out a bad signal when trying to recruit a decent back up keeper in future.

Shades of Caballero in 2016, and got a feeling Bravo could be the hero again on Sunday if it goes to penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.