Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not had time to read much of thread but have just been having a quick look back at key incidents in the game.

I still don't feel Delph's challenge merited red but I do think it looks worse than it was because he does start his slide from quite a distance and does rather jump into at the start. However, I don't think he is out of control or moving that quickly when he makes contact. Plus, it's a genuine attempt to play the ball.

I certainly don't think Delph's tackle is worse than the one by the Wigan player on Sergio.

I do believe that we would have made more chances in the second half if we'd had a full compliment of players.

I've changed my mind on their goal and think an offside decision should have been given. That does not excuse Stones and Walker from their mistakes and failure to play to the whistle. However, the ball is being passed to the Wigan player that Walker is marking and that player does try to move to the ball. I don't know if he pulls up because the pass is not accurate enough or he realises that Walker has caught him offside but I think he should have been flagged offside at that point. I think even under the current stupid offside rules and associated guidance, the officials got it wrong. The rules are certainly wrong if that is not an offside offence but that is a different matter. I doubt anyone (neutral) would have complained if the flag had gone up with Walker's arm.

It is about time that the ref Taylor is brought to justice by the head of PGMOL, Mr Mike Riely and sacked for brining the game in to disrepute. For 2 reasons, 1st it can be clearly seen that he had already written Fabian 's name on the yellow card, so why then has he decided to issue a red. 2nd there were at least 3 knee high challenge's on city players which, could have resulted inthem being seriously injured only. How these tackles resulted in a yellow cards for 2 of the players and 1 who got away with out seeing any card what so ever.
It would be interesting to hear what Mike Riely as head of PGMOL has to say. He has to come out and explain why Fabian was red carded and the Wigan players only got bookings or got away with it. However I won't be holding my breath. The least I would want is that Taylor will not be given any City matches ever again.

There is some suggestion that the yellow is the one with the numbers on it to be marked. I could understand that.

However, if this is practice, I'd expect that someone - anyone - could remember seeing it before.

We've not had Taylor at City since Chelsea - nearly 15 months. I'm pretty certain he won't be there at least for this season.

Apart form the one on Aguero that wasn't even a booking, I thought the yellows were about right for the fouls they were given for.

It's not though.

Imo even though I'm not a fan of Pellegrini, Taylor effectively finished him v Chelsea. That game killed his momentum.

From where I'm sat, it was clear Taylor was running toward Sideshow Bob to send him off, he had the whistle ready to blow, then he suddenly did an about turn, just like last night.

Imo he is already using some ofher equally dodgy ****, in his earpiece, to give him an angle to fuck us over.

He didn't have to give a red card last night, someone told him he could so he did. Same as someone told him he didn't have to send off Luiz, so he didn't.

You are correct some other force at work when Taylor makes big decisions- who is he wired up to and is this legitimate?

I've changed my mind on their goal and think an offside decision should have been given. That does not excuse Stones and Walker from their mistakes and failure to play to the whistle. However, the ball is being passed to the Wigan player that Walker is marking and that player does try to move to the ball. I don't know if he pulls up because the pass is not accurate enough or he realises that Walker has caught him offside but I think he should have been flagged offside at that point. I think even under the current stupid offside rules and associated guidance, the officials got it wrong. The rules are certainly wrong if that is not an offside offence but that is a different matter. I doubt anyone (neutral) would have complained if the flag had gone up with Walker's arm.

Stones, Laporte and Danilo were all playing him onside though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.