Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

No - lock the thread...

Finishing outside the top four having spunked over a £150m on two players would be a failure though

Failure no. Sense of what if, without a doubt. Nobody thought we would do the quad but we were certainly in a good position and lets be honest we were in a very strong position for the domestic treble.

Definitely not a failure, especially given how unbelievably we have played this season. Literally setting a new standard for how the game should be played in this country.

Possible a slight sense of anti-climax which will disappear before the lap of honour ends.

On a totally different note this season has shown me one of the reasons why the England national team will never ever be successful. England players are reffed differently in this league. More leniently and to be honest , In a corrupt manner. When we go to world cups we are reffed the way we should be reffed. Dives, late tackles, dirty tackles, are invariably pulled up and we can’t cope with it. And limp home after the group stages. It’s Brilliant to see cheats realise quickly that they can’t get away with their normal game and flounder.

It’s also why English teams punch below their weight in the champs league most years.
And it’s why city will possibly win it in the next few years as we are used to corrupt referees and in Europe are faced with refs who aren’t as bad.

Just my two pennarth

since when has the charity shield been a trophy? the europa league was the losers cup,the teams in it were awful,the only decent ones drew each other and the rags got the dross ties,yes i did watch it all

Bollocks your sounding as bad as them.

Charity shield is a listed honour, it goes on your total honours list.
Europa League is yes poor in comparison to the UCL, still it's another trophy to the list (something we dont have yet)

The 1 trophy which is the hardest one to win and one which every side wants to win (best league in the world apparantley) and the eventual winner deserves to over a season whereas a cup you need the luck of the draw where anything can happen , Id take the league every time

I have said i'd prefer league titles over UCL etc any day

At the start of the season we wanted the league so I’m happy. I don’t think we are ready for the champions league yet as I don’t think our defence will be able to stand up to the likes of Barca Madrid Bayern or Liverpool . We also need to take more chances as even though Sergio scores a lot of goals he misses loads. Be nice to win the cup on Sunday but I think arsenal will do us . The league is the toughest in the world and we have rinsed it so yes it’s been a great season

Bollocks your sounding as bad as them.

Charity shield is a listed honour, it goes on your total honours list.
Europa League is yes poor in comparison to the UCL, still it's another trophy to the list (something we dont have yet)

Only one talking bollocks here.

To win the Europa league means you've already failed and missed tour targets, it's one trophy i hope we never win as it will mean we've become shite again, as for the Community shield, it's a fucking glorified friendly and gets treated as such with clubs allowed to make as many subs as they do. It's shite and should be scrapped, it only gets put on honours boards because it sounds good, in reality any club can be invited to play in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.