League Cup Final - Post Match Thread

Seeing the crying kid actually upset me. it reminded me of 1974 when we lost to Wolves I was 9 cried coming out to be comforted by my late granddad who promised will be back next year worth waiting the extra year to see Tuearts overhead kick
Yeah I remember 1974.
City can always make you cry - even very recently (Monday). It's character building. Get Over it.
Read the Poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling for details.

When we lose at Wembley I change the Rail/Ungerground station I park at. Hillingdon yesterday.

Great day. Blues in very good voice considering how cold it was. Atmosphere was strange towards the end because Arsenal had just given up and the game kind of petered out. My previous three visits to Wembley were Wigan final, Arsenal Community Shield and Arsenal semi last year, so I was beginning to hate the place.

Had a few moans about standing up and kids a few rows behind not being able to see (I'm 6"3), but then if I sat down I wouldn't have been able to see either, and I can't exactly ask everyone in all the rows in front of me to sit. Stewards meekly went about asking the odd person to sit down, as if that would work. Personally I don't mind whether I sit or stand (just happy to be there) but stewards and fans need to understand that everyone has to do one or the other collectively - and most people want to stand.

Thought up until we scored Arsenal were the better team; or perhaps more accurate to say that we were piss poor, couldn't string passes together and looked a bit disjointed. Second half was like an explosion, the City we're used to seeing this season. Blew them away.

Also, it wasn't until I got home that I realised that Ozil had played. I was high up to be fair, but still. Can totally understand why he upsets Arsenal fans. And whilst he is an odious little prat, I thought that Wilshere was by far their best player and looked like the only one who cared.

Now don’t get me wrong Arsenal were not great, but Neville’s agenda was there for all to see. His comments have been picked up by everyone and he should be reeled in now. His comments were a disgrace, and in turn tried to deflect away from our performance.

I didn't think he was trying to deflect, I thought he was absolutely hurting, and lashing out. Myself, I enjoyed every minute of it. I mean, I feel sorry for the young lad whose emotions were shown to millions in countries all round the globe, but when neville said 'See? Look what they've done to him' or words to that effect I literally did ROFL.

We parked on the yellow official car park, £65 for a minibus, 10 Minutes walk from block 504, no faffing about with queueing for trains to Stanmore, Watford as in the past, back in our local for 11pm, spot on .good day out, chuffed for Pep, last year his supporters and detractors were kicking off at Wembley after the Arsenal defeat, now it's a Pep love in, I prefer the latter.
We parked for free just on the edge of the event zone... might consider an official car park next time thought we’d maybe have made Stockport by 11,, I dropped my lad in Stafford then on to the Bournemouth of the North in Hawarden near Chester

Now don’t get me wrong Arsenal were not great, but Neville’s agenda was there for all to see. His comments have been picked up by everyone and he should be reeled in now. His comments were a disgrace, and in turn tried to deflect away from our performance.
I haven't heard the commentary but at the game I thought Arsenal were garbage. As indeed were we first half. So, if he is saying Arsenal were crap then he is spot on surely? They were?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.