Seeing Stars at City

My best mate had a box at City for a few years and used to have regular drop-ins for a pint/glass of wine;
Buzzer - loved him as a player but find him somewhat aloof, his wife Tina is absolutely brilliant though and showed me around their house when we called for Mike to come to Knutsford for a beer (see below). Their next door neighbor is Steve McDonald off Corrie who Tina tried to take me around to meet until i politely refused!
Tommy Booth - Regular guy who is fantastic company, loves nothing more than a pint with the lads
Big Joe - such a nice guy!
Colin Bell (My all-time hero, but pretty miserable!)
Rodders (came out with his wife, for a meal here in Atlanta with me and the missus, my best mate and his missus, then came to my hose party the next night, for my 50th!) Brilliant guy who loves City and the 'phenomenal' support!
met these very briefly, again in mates box;
Denis Tueart
Peter Barnes
Joe Hart
David Davies who was there for the Derby a few years back, he's a big rag but decent, who got upset with one of the lads berating him when we beat them, he left very quickly much to my best mates disgust .... at the lad who slagged him off!

Met Curly and Les Battersby in the Platt Lane Training Ground toilets..... Curly was taking the piss (excuse the pun) at the lad in the next stall who kept laughing... "he's laughing at his dick" i seem to remember Curly saying :-)

Saw Kevin from the Corrie garage and i think it was Steve McDonald outside Maine Rd for a Derby years ago and they got some terrible verbal stick, i thought Kevin was going to start crying!

Been out in Knutsford with Buzzer, Tommy & Lakey with my mate and his Dad, had a cracking night and a Chinese afterwards!

Needless to say, I consider myself a very fortunate guy to have been in such exalted company!!

I met David Threlfall ( Frank Gallagher from Shameless) at Wembley League Cup Final against Sunderland. Nice bloke
I Was sat three seats along from him at a Real Madrid home champions league game, told my son who he was and he asked if he was Liam and Noel's dad?

Tony Robinson (Baldrick) at Wembley for LC final v. scouse in 2016.

We were in the poor man's corporate bit. My sis has no shame so asked for a photo.

No idea whether he was cheering on blues or dippers. But he seemed pleased with Willy's cunning plan for saving pennos...

Noel at West Ham, Liam and Patsy Kensit at Blackburn and no kidding Malcolm Allison at York away - that was heartbreaking he was my hero and he was in a right state - pissed and pretty incoherent. Oh and Rodney Marsh at Preston and we had an argument cos he was doing a book signing outside the Football Museum when it was still based there before the game and he took offensive cos I made some comment about no one turning up - “have I missed the crowds Rodney? “ Got the right ache the touchy twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.