Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You surely aren't trying to defend the tackle ? It was stupid, he ran 40 yards, and it was obvious what was coming.

He might have been frustrated, and thought he should have had more free kicks, but he needs to toughen up, because you can't fall over every time someone farts in your direction.

After a lengthy lay off, its understandable that he looks rusty, but he was poor, not helped by a midfield that gave up trying to get the ball into forward positions after half time.

I like the lad, but he needs to improve on that to get back into Pep's first team, especially now Sergio has decided he's enjoying the role Pep wants him to play, the contrast inn both since the early part of the season couldn't be any bigger.

Fair point , the tackle was reckless but if the ref had given him a modicum of protection , that tackle doesnt happen and to be fair he was starved of any service with the absence of KDB and Merlin , the one opportunity he got , he took , right place , right time , not 100% sure he will make it in the Premier league his style of play is more suited to La Liga , he's young and will get stronger , but the way Aguero is playing at the moment Jesus is ony going to warm the bench in the big games.

Unbelievable with some of the stuff that I'm reading here. It's so disrespectful to him and I don't think that people fully appreciate or understand what it means to be a CF in our 'total football system'.

Before I start out I'd like to point out that I think that the striker position is extremely overrated. What I mean by that is that the margins are so slim between the massive clubs that it's a wash in that position. Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve, City, and PSG being the heirarchy right? Swap Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski, Higuain, Kun, and Cavani around and things effectively stay the same for those clubs. The one you'd pass on is Benzema right? Well they're back to back champions league champions. The point being that they're all basically fulfilling the same role and doing the same things. If you're aren't doing things differently from your rivals then there's no edge there for you to gain...

So Kun is in the form of his life. His pressing, workrate, vision, and creativity has gone up which has people believing that he's doing what GJ is doing all the while Kun's still scoring goals for fun whereas GJ is "worse than last year". FALSE. Let's take a look at some of the numbers per 90 minutes. I can't get the numbers for FA/EFL so it's PL and UCL only

Tackles: GJ 3x as many.
Interceptions: GJ 2x.
Clearances: 4x.
Duals: 2x.

Everything starts from the front right? One of the most important keys to the system and he's literally twice as good.

Higher dispossession? Kun
Total passes and buildup? GJ

Accurate Longballs? GJ by 2x
Accurate shortpasses? Kun. The metrics don't lie folks are right here too many flicks for GJ.
Key passes? Kun. 1.7 / 1.0. Fair play here to Sergio.
Dribbling? Kun with more takeons and a better success rate.

Goals per 90 minutes.
The supposed end all be all....0.9 to 0.7 meanwhile Kun is taking 4.4 shots to GJ's 2.9. Take out Kun's 5 penalties and Gabby has a better ratio FFS! We need that goal scorer though? We've scored 5 a game with him out and GJ in!

Want some more goodies?
Kun's missed 11 PL games under Pep. 10-0-1. That's literally on pace for the PL record for points.
Games Jesus has missed 16 under Pep. 10-4-2.

Go back and read my paragraph about traditional 'top' strikers and finding edges. The fucking edge is in the absolute chaos he causes from the back end. The edge is in making simple decisions around the box and settling for easy tapins instead of plowing through 4 defenders with your head down trying to rip in a rocket into the top right corner from a bad angle. The edge is in quick passes and movement.

Can he cut it in the PL. Fuck outta here. We literally don't lose meaningful games when he plays. 0 in PL. 0 in 30.

I've played millions of hands of poker and spent thousands of hours looking at hand histories on poker databases and I can tell you the smallest of edges makes all the difference at the highest levels. Every small detail counts.

If you're getting agitated by my post because you love Kun then you've missed the point. I love Kun and it's nothing against him at all. it's about what GJ does to help the team and people not getting it.

Yes, I watch every single game too. Many multiple times.

Post of the year so far.

Unbelievable with some of the stuff that I'm reading here. It's so disrespectful to him and I don't think that people fully appreciate or understand what it means to be a CF in our 'total football system'.

Before I start out I'd like to point out that I think that the striker position is extremely overrated. What I mean by that is that the margins are so slim between the massive clubs that it's a wash in that position. Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve, City, and PSG being the heirarchy right? Swap Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski, Higuain, Kun, and Cavani around and things effectively stay the same for those clubs. The one you'd pass on is Benzema right? Well they're back to back champions league champions. The point being that they're all basically fulfilling the same role and doing the same things. If you're aren't doing things differently from your rivals then there's no edge there for you to gain...

So Kun is in the form of his life. His pressing, workrate, vision, and creativity has gone up which has people believing that he's doing what GJ is doing all the while Kun's still scoring goals for fun whereas GJ is "worse than last year". FALSE. Let's take a look at some of the numbers per 90 minutes. I can't get the numbers for FA/EFL so it's PL and UCL only

Everything starts from the front right? One of the most important keys to the system and he's literally twice as good.

Accurate shortpasses? Kun. The metrics don't lie folks are right here too many flicks for GJ.

Goals per 90 minutes.
The supposed end all be all....0.9 to 0.7 meanwhile Kun is taking 4.4 shots to GJ's 2.9. Take out Kun's 5 penalties and Gabby has a better ratio FFS! We need that goal scorer though? We've scored 5 a game with him out and GJ in!

Want some more goodies?
Kun's missed 11 PL games under Pep. 10-0-1. That's literally on pace for the PL record for points.

Go back and read my paragraph about traditional 'top' strikers and finding edges. The fucking edge is in the absolute chaos he causes from the back end. The edge is in making simple decisions around the box and settling for easy tapins instead of plowing through 4 defenders with your head down trying to rip in a rocket into the top right corner from a bad angle. The edge is in quick passes and movement.

Can he cut it in the PL. Fuck outta here. We literally don't lose meaningful games when he plays. 0 in PL. 0 in 30.

I've played millions of hands of poker and spent thousands of hours looking at hand histories on poker databases and I can tell you the smallest of edges makes all the difference at the highest levels. Every small detail counts.

If you're getting agitated by my post because you love Kun then you've missed the point. I love Kun and it's nothing against him at all. it's about what GJ does to help the team and people not getting it.

Great post, thanks!

The best thing for me is you've only used the raw stats and the evidence is plentiful, I think some posters could go on for days about what he actually does to make those stats a reality. He's such an intelligent young footballer.

Unbelievable people discussing his performance on Wednesday night, in a thread on his performances ?

Post all the numbers you want, but it doesn't change the fact that he had a poor game on Wednesday night, along with many others.
Yeah but he was trying to say how Jesus is an important asset for our future, whether that first statement was fair or not.

It doesn’t really matter. The margins between the two are slim with Kuns improvements and we need them both anyway.

Gabby is a far better fit for the system and I’m sure we’re seeing his bottom now with massive room for improvements incoming.

I firmly stand by what I said about people potentially not recognizing just how much value Gabby adds with his ferocity and workrate though.

There’s some interesting discussion to be had about dialing it down to lower the risk of injury which is a damn shame because you’d potentially be pulling a reverse Kun and risk getting himself caught up in his own head.

It doesn’t really matter. The margins between the two are slim with Kuns improvements and we need them both anyway.

Gabby is a far better fit for the system and I’m sure we’re seeing his bottom now with massive room for improvements incoming.

I firmly stand by what I said about people potentially not recognizing just how much value Gabby adds with his ferocity and workrate though.

There’s some interesting discussion to be had about dialing it down to lower the risk of injury which is a damn shame because you’d potentially be pulling a reverse Kun and risk getting himself caught up in his own head.

His pressing is outstanding. The kid is a top top talent. Only 20 and just came back from an injury. He’ll rediscover form soon.

There's an element of "what have you done for me lately" on here sometimes.
Aguero is always given a free pass for a few games after returning from an injury as a slow period is just what we expect from him but some are not prepared to extend the same courtesy to Jesus.
I fully expect him to put in some great performances and score some vital goals before the end of the season and silence his doubters.

Goals per 90 minutes.

Want some more goodies?

Jesus will be back in the starting line up ahead of Sergio soon enough. I’d be much more confident going into a champions league game with a fit Jesus rather than Sergio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.