Breaking records/stats thread

I don't know if it's been said - thousands of threads and millions of posts on this forum - but I looked at some stats from the Premier League....

We are record holders for most consecutive wins (18, between 26 August 2017 and 27 December 2017).
We already hold the record for most consecutive home wins (20, between 5 March 2011 and 21 March 2012).
We also hold the joint record for most consecutive away wins (11, between 21 May 2017 and 27 December 2017).

We are also;
5 wins short of Chelsea's 'most wins in a season' (30 games out of 38) - we are currently 25 wins and have 9 games remaining.
4 Away wins short of 'most away wins in a season' (15 games out of 19) - we are currently 11 away wins and have 5 away games remaining.
20 goals short of Chelsea's 'most goals scored in a season' (103, 2009-2010) - we currently have 83 goals.
8 goals short of Chelsea's 'best goal difference in a season' (71, 2009-2010) - we currently have a goal difference of 63.
17 points short of Chelsea's 'most points in a season' (95 points, 2004-2005) - we are currently on 78 points.

IF we win all of our games, and United win all of theirs (other than the Derby);
We will have 105 points to their 86 points, making us the Biggest (19 points) and Smallest (0 points, 2011-2012 season) Title-winning margin holders of all time.

We could only be 1 win short of Chelsea, United & our own joint record of most home wins in a season (18) - as we currently have 14 home wins and we only have 4 home games left.

All of this - plus our own achievements at the club this season!

I, for one, am as happy as Larry - I've followed City since the 90's and I never EVER thought we'd be in the History books like that.

Regardless of this season's outcome - which, I must say, I am very confident about, we have come a long, long way.

Can we all just take a moment to reflect on that?

We now need 15 points from a possible 24 to set a new points record. To put that into context it's just top 4 form.

We now need 15 points from a possible 24 to set a new points record. To put that into context it's just top 4 form.
I'm pretty confident we'll get 96 now, for me the only question is can we get 100 points.

A lot can change when the title’s wrapped up. We may get a couple of performances similar to the basel game where it’s hard to produce the intensity required to win games that are essentially dead rubbers.

A lot can change when the title’s wrapped up. We may get a couple of performances similar to the basel game where it’s hard to produce the intensity required to win games that are essentially dead rubbers.

I think getting 100 points in a season will keep them motivated.

Since records began and if you add the extra point for a win the closest any team have come would be Liverpool in the 70’s when they would’ve got 98pts and that was after 42 games.

So it’s a big carrot to chase to keep them motivated.

I think getting 100 points in a season will keep them motivated.

Since records began and if you add the extra point for a win the closest any team have come would be Liverpool in the 70’s when they would’ve got 98pts and that was after 42 games.

So it’s a big carrot to chase to keep them motivated.
Arsenal are known as "The Invincibles"

It's our players and Pep's chance to write their names in the history book and be known as "The Centurions"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.