What goes on your chippy chips?

That piccie was certainly not poutine!!

Wasn't a cheese curd in sight.

Grated cheddar and chips, with some dodgy chippy mix gravy.

Nope. Not poutine. Try the Canadian place Cowtown grill restaurant in Sale.
Yes I know I just grabbed the photo for shock value. I knew folk would go “ewww”

when I lived in Jersey, everyone had chips, cheese and sweet chili sauce, hanging, but they never had decent gravy.

A mate of mine opened a fairly upmarket chippy a few years ago and he was quite staggered at the standards within the industry. Everything, from the packaging through to the oil was a race to the bottom in terms of price and quality. Most chippys are pretty shit imo, which is a shame as it’s such a good meal when it’s done right.

A fuckin men ! It's likely why we never seem to be able to recreate those memories of great chippy tea's when we were kids.

Any way, depends on my mood, mostly just salt and loads of vinegar, the odd times I'll have tomato sauce (think posh twats call it ketchup, weirdos) or cheese, and then other occasions mayo and salad cream mixed..

A fuckin men ! It's likely why we never seem to be able to recreate those memories of great chippy tea's when we were kids.

Any way, depends on my mood, mostly just salt and loads of vinegar, the odd times I'll have tomato sauce (think posh twats call it ketchup, weirdos) or cheese, and then other occasions mayo and salad cream mixed..
Tomato sauce is far too bourgeois. Red sauce is the correct nomenclature for the working man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.