Champions League Reallocation

It happens to everybody in certain areas.
The clubs have to provide a certain number of good seats (UEFA determine the definition of "good") to the visiting team, UEFA and the media. However UEFA and the media don't have to declare whether they will be using those seats until a few days before the game.
City say they don't want to piss people about by moving them and then moving them back again, so you keep the new seat you've been allocated whether there's anybody in your normal seat or not. Also City want to sell your normal seat if UEFA don't want to delay the sale while you decide whether you want to move back. The other point is that you say you and your wife are moved. It's certainly feasible that your normal ticket might be used by UEFA but your wife's isn't meaning she could move back but you couldn't.
I'm not sure how else the club could operate in these circumstances.
I anticipate something along the lines of the Celtic debacle but with slightly fewer Dippers in the home sections.
As an aside I don't recall seeing the City fans in top class seats at any of the CL away games I've attended. Will be interesting to see what we get at Anfield.

Thanks, I'm a little wiser now, which is a rare thing these days ;-)

Didn't even know they were on sale for home game yet because I didn't see anything on site saying when. Went on today and I can't get my season ticket seats in Family stand. Just east stand level 1, 50 quid for me and 22.50 for the little en.

The EUFA regulations seem to be clear about them not being reallocated to away supporters. The regulations are here and 37.04 looks fairly open ended with at least 20!

37.01 Home clubs must make at least 5% of the total approved UEFA capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. In addition, visiting clubs are entitled to purchase 200 top-category tickets (unless otherwise agreed by the two clubs in question) for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc., but they are not obliged to take the full allocation (see Articles 16 and 23 of the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations and Article 19 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations).
37.02 Visiting clubs which have requested an allocation of tickets for the whole or part of the segregated area may return any unused tickets to the home club without payment up to seven days prior to the match, unless otherwise agreed by the two clubs in writing. After this deadline the visiting club must pay for the whole allocation, irrespective of whether all the tickets have been sold.
37.03 The home club may reallocate tickets returned or not requested by the visiting club provided that all safety and security measures (as mentioned in the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations) are respected and that such tickets are not reallocated to supporters of the visiting club.
37.04 The official UEFA representatives and at least 20 representatives of the visiting club and its association must be provided with complimentary top-category seats (and associated hospitality) in the VIP sector.

@Manchester33 how will this affect the 1894 lads. I’m hoping to get in with you guys like Basel and the groups. Cheers
It shouldn't affect us too much. There is always a section of seating they 'net' off - we just use the space to put some flags/banners. Club have said full first row is unusable due to advertising boards.

The EUFA regulations seem to be clear about them not being reallocated to away supporters. The regulations are here and 37.04 looks fairly open ended with at least 20!

37.01 Home clubs must make at least 5% of the total approved UEFA capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. In addition, visiting clubs are entitled to purchase 200 top-category tickets (unless otherwise agreed by the two clubs in question) for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc., but they are not obliged to take the full allocation (see Articles 16 and 23 of the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations and Article 19 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations).
37.02 Visiting clubs which have requested an allocation of tickets for the whole or part of the segregated area may return any unused tickets to the home club without payment up to seven days prior to the match, unless otherwise agreed by the two clubs in writing. After this deadline the visiting club must pay for the whole allocation, irrespective of whether all the tickets have been sold.
37.03 The home club may reallocate tickets returned or not requested by the visiting club provided that all safety and security measures (as mentioned in the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations) are respected and that such tickets are not reallocated to supporters of the visiting club.
37.04 The official UEFA representatives and at least 20 representatives of the visiting club and its association must be provided with complimentary top-category seats (and associated hospitality) in the VIP sector.

I've noticed a sizable block of away fans in level 2 Colin Bell Stand previously. At the second leg in Madrid, there was a block of City fans, I guess the VIPs sat down to our right in the lower tier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.