Should Spurs Be Allowed To Play A FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley.....

This scenario really should have been addressed before the season started. The FA are complete arseholes though. The dilution of the FA cups prestige is completely their doing. Semis shouldn't be there and the final should be 3pm with no other games that day. Anyway, hard to feel sorry for the rags in any capacity. Don't think they'd be too sympathetic if it was us. Hope Spurs trounce them and be done with it.

This. Typical FA having no clause in place of a neutral venue incase Spurs reached the semi final. Anyhow anyone else playing Spurs in the semi final there, I am sure there would be this debate for a little while after the draw but as its the Rags I am sure it will go on daily until after the game with ex rags wheeled out to have their say and Moaninho mentioning it a few times

This. Typical FA having no clause in place of a neutral venue incase Spurs reached the semi final. Anyhow anyone else playing Spurs in the semi final there, I am sure there would be this debate for a little while after the draw but as its the Rags I am sure it will go on daily until after the game with ex rags wheeled out to have their say and Moaninho mentioning it a few times
I bet that neutral clause appears when Chelsea move in.

I've always thought there is something wrong with the semi-finals being at Wembley, but it's great for several thousand fans who wouldn't get a ticket elsewhere.
The capacity is 90,000 with 15,000 in club Wembley, so that 75,000 in the rest of the ground.
IIRC City and Arsenal got approx 32,000 each last season so about 10,000 tickets went to the "football family" or tickets touts if you prefer.
Shift the game to the Emirates or the new WHL and there will still be 10,000 tickets siphoned off so each club would have got only 25,000. I don't give a shit as I've more than enough points to get a ticket at any likely semi-final venue. But a minimum of 7,000 City fans in the upper and lower tiers would have missed out plus those who were in club Wembley. And the number missing out would be even higher at traditional semi-final venues such as Villa Park and Hillsborough.
There's only one ground that could match the capacity and we don't want to be playing there do we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.