Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

I don’t think there is any evidence that reducing ticket prices will attract more supporters. In Scotland, Motherwell tried reducing prices at the same time as recruiting some very expensive players. It brought some success on the field but the crowd levels stayed much the same. The same people were attending but paying less.

The club ended up in administration and the expensive players dumped and the prices restored.

I don’t think there is any evidence that reducing ticket prices will attract more supporters. In Scotland, Motherwell tried reducing prices at the same time as recruiting some very expensive players. It brought some success on the field but the crowd levels stayed much the same. The same people were attending but paying less.

The club ended up in administration and the expensive players dumped and the prices restored.

the fa cup games ? wolves, burnley, hamburg we sold out no problem and on a tuesday as well, full of people who used to go all the time - the main factor was the price. also you can point to team like huddersfield who offer amazing prices and sell out every game now. also the bundesliga, which is the biggest source of evidence that reducing ticket prices attracts more supporters.

by reducing prices it allows all the people who have been priced out - i know loads that would go again if it was cheaper in the league, and all the manuncians who can't afford it ( a lot of which are on low incomes) the opportunity to go again and 100% attract more supporters. even if what you say is true, then at least it would be more affordable for existing fans....

the fa cup games ? wolves, burnley, hamburg we sold out no problem and on a tuesday as well, full of people who used to go all the time - the main factor was the price. also you can point to team like huddersfield who offer amazing prices and sell out every game now. also the bundesliga, which is the biggest source of evidence that reducing ticket prices attracts more supporters.

by reducing prices it allows all the people who have been priced out - i know loads that would go again if it was cheaper in the league, and all the manuncians who can't afford it ( a lot of which are on low incomes) the opportunity to go again and 100% attract more supporters. even if what you say is true, then at least it would be more affordable for existing fans....
That's all very well but at the moment we haven't got room to attract new fans all reduced prices would do is gives cheaper tickets to those already buying them. Until we extend then reducing prices cuts income.

How would those people get tickets though? Home games in the league sell out at current prices, so all that would happen is that the people who go now would still go but pay less. I have no problem with paying less but I'm not sure how that would allow those who are currently priced out to go unless there is an expansion of the stadium.

To be honest, I can't see prices being reduced while games still sell out. I think the best we can hope for is a price freeze for the time being.

Just dug out the receipt for my 2008/9 season ticket - £480. Same seat this season was £840, a near 100% price increase in a decade.
Worth every fucking penny!!

Biggest thing for me is the ability to resell. Current system is flawed and having to wait until the week before/sold out goes up is a waste. My seat in SS2 is a belter and if I can't go my lad can't go but anyone looking for 2 together have to be in the gods or on the pitch if they want to buy early and don't have access to mine. Same as matchday, mine would drop off the system, they should be available up to kickoff via ticket machines linked to a valid membership. That way if something happened the morning of the match somebody could still get a chance to use the seats.

This is spot on. I have had a season ticket for many years now, coming up from Southampton since I left Manchester for work. It has got to the point where it is still value enough to have my season card at £390 vs individual match tickets, even though I am increasingly unable to get to games - probably less than half this year.

So to avoid adding to the SC unused seat issue, if I cant pass on to friends/family I want to be able to sell my seat on easily on a match by match basis (not including getting paper tickets at the ticket office as that is a real hassle/turnoff for potential buyers). And not including the ticket exchange either as that seems to rarely work given how late you can put your seat online.

I recently rang Supporter Services explaining my concerns (and to see if I could maybe get 19 PDF paper tickets instead!) and they advised that there is going to be a new ticketing system that will be launched ahead of next season which will allow an easier way of transferring tickets - they were reluctant to give many details over the phone but as I understood it there will be the options to transfer tickets via email/smart phones to fellow Blues.

I will keep my SC for next season and see if these changes are a success, but if not I may cancel beyond next season as I don't like having my seat unused - and I'll just buy individual tickets for the games I can actually get to.

I recently rang Supporter Services explaining my concerns (and to see if I could maybe get 19 PDF paper tickets instead!) and they advised that there is going to be a new ticketing system that will be launched ahead of next season which will allow an easier way of transferring tickets - they were reluctant to give many details over the phone but as I understood it there will be the options to transfer tickets via email/smart phones to fellow Blues.
I like to look on the bright side but even I think that could result in chaos at the start of next season.

You should be able to email your season ticket to someone else for a specific game so that it doesn’t go to waste.
You can get scanned into the ground by showing any blue bibbed person a picture of the front of the season card in question... done it umpteen times when using our kids ticket despite not having the card I need in hand.. so not sure what the fuss is about

You also jump the queue by going this....

Albion Rovers FC who play at Cliftonhill Stadium and are based in Coatbridge near Motherwell and Glasgow also tried a scheme called "pay what you can" for a season ticket to try and encourage fans to attend their games in the fourth tier of Scottish football, they are used to playing in front of crowds of 5-600. It was a complete disaster with alleged fans waltzing up and and only handing over £10 or £20 for a season ticket saying thats all they could afford. I can see why they done it but the club ended up losing a lot of money and took them to brink of going under.

They will always struggle to attract fans as they are surrounded by Celtic and The Rangers supporters. Partick Thistle Falkirk, Motherwell, Airdrie, Clyde, Hamilton, Dumbarton and Queens Park all have the same problem competing with the Old Firm for fan support all being based not too far from Glasgow. In fact, Partick Thistle and Queens Park FC both play in Glasgow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.