Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

1 good goal disallowed, 1 offside goal given against. 1 stonewall penalty not given(2 clear offenses), various offsidds wrongly given. Various fouls not given. Liverpool fc complicit in attack on the coach. Yes we played shit but the outcome should have been closer and given us a chance next week. I for one am not conceding any shit from Liverpool fans over this. The new scum.

Everything was wrong tonight. One team you don't want to get it wrong against is Liverpool. We all know they are 100mph as they know no other tactic. We caved in to their relentlessness. We NEVER won a second ball all night. All their goals were preventable AGAIN! I think Pep tonight pit round pegs in square holes. He played into their hands. Be a bit more pragmatic and respect your opponent FFS. I honestly believe if we would of set up defensively and soaked up the pressure, we would of HAD a closer result tonight.

The game/tie for me is over IMO.

We won't score 3 past them at home. The frustrating thing is that the league is in the bag. This was our most important game of the season and we played like a shadow of what we are capable of.

Typical City

Walker, Fernandinho and Jesus let us down tonight. Ederson too, for Liverpool's third. No one had a good game, even though Sane and Sterling did their best in the second half. I've not seen us be second best in every 50/50 ball and have so little passing accuracy as we had.

I wonder what the reaction will be on Saturday against the Rags. We're certainly going to see whether we are just an excellent domestic team or whether we really are something special over the next 7 days. Obviously hoping for the latter. How weird is it to think that we'll be bitterly disappointed to end a season only having won the league and a domestic cup?

Ratings via CityWatch

Ederson – 5

Conceded three but wasn’t really at fault for any of the goals. Looked rattled at times, like everyone else.

Kyle Walker – 2

The worst Walker performance I’ve ever seen by a long shot and the worst by a City full-back in years. Could’ve done better for all three of the goals, was regularly beaten by Mané and offered nothing to the attack.

Vincent Kompany – 5

Dealt well with Liverpool’s threats for the majority of the game but even he couldn’t organise his defence in the first half.

Nicolas Otamendi – 5

Wasn’t exactly awful but had to do better with some headers in the Liverpool box. Not too much he could’ve done about the goals, really.

Aymeric Laporte – 5

Actually dealt with Salah quite well for most of the game. Looked relatively comfortable at full-back – more so than Walker, anyway.

Fernandinho – 6 (Man of the Match)

Hard to give anyone higher than this, but Fernandinho was our best player in the second half. He played some good passes and kept things tight after the break but it wasn’t enough.

Kevin De Bruyne – 5

Uncharacteristically poor tonight. Despite looking better after being moved into a more familiar role, De Bruyne failed to have any real influence on the game.

Ilkay Gundogan – 3

Ilkay did nothing at all in the game. Never looking like breaking into a sprint, he did his best impression of 2018 Yaya Touré before rightly being hooked off.

David Silva – 5

Silva did his best, but gave the ball away several times, which was perhaps a testament to how awful the whole team was. He tried to link up with Sané but more often than not found the German’s movement lacking.

Leroy Sané – 3

Promising at times, abysmal at others. The only thing Sané was consistent with tonight was his terrible deliveries, which regularly failed to find a single City player. He wasted a golden chance early on.

Gabriel Jesus – 4

I can’t be too angry with Jesus tonight because he showed some fight and could’ve had some more chances if not for atrocious service. I don’t feel Aguero could’ve done much better given the awful performances around him.

Subs:

Raheem Sterling – 4

Raheem barely touched the ball after coming on, and although I feel he should’ve started, we didn’t really benefit from his introduction.

It’s no consolation and I agree we deserve to get beat but had VAR been in operation tonight the likely score would have been 2-2.

We aint at the level to win the champions league yet, you've got to be resilient and tough it out away from home sometimes and scrape a 1-0 win or a draw and then finish the job at home but we cant' do that right now

Take fern out and put B.Silva in CM with Silva and KDB, stick Sterling on the right and tell Walker and Danilo they are not allowed in their own half
Fuckin go for it City

We should be able to play with more freedom in the second leg and the dippers might be caught between not knowing whether to stick or twist. An early goal could make things interesting. It's very unlikely but I remember a City team 3-0 down and down to 10 men away to Spurs, yet we came back to win 4-3. I thought that was all over, as I did going into injury time v Gillingham and QPR.

We need to try to play our game and see what happens.

1 good goal disallowed, 1 offside goal given against. 1 stonewall penalty not given(2 clear offenses), various offsidds wrongly given. Various fouls not given. Liverpool fc complicit in attack on the coach. Yes we played shit but the outcome should have been closer and given us a chance next week. I for one am not conceding any shit from Liverpool fans over this. The new scum.

Give over ffs. We were awful in possession from k.o and was apparent we were off-colour

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Salah was marginally offside for his goal and it was given , Sane was marginally offside for Jesus's goal and was disallowed , i know we were abject tonight , but small margins like this are vital in big games , if we had come away with a 1-3 defeat , we are more than capable of beating the Dippers by two goals , now we need four goals. This doesnt excuse how poor we were tonight , but if both teams had got the correct offside decisions , there is only a two goal margin . Hopefully the referee will send off another Dipper early doors next week and we rip them to pieces again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.