Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Why the doubts about Pep ? There is no better coach anywhere. Bad night, but he gets it wrong less than anyone else.

That’s why I said I wouldn’t swap him, he’s been to Anfield 3 times and conceded 7 goals in 2 games
He says he knows the way we play is perfect for Liverpool but changes nothing.
To win CL you will have to beat most times 3 top top sides, better sides than Liverpool who have found it very easy to beat us
My doubts are with him being able to win CL with this system he won’t change from
I hope he’s here for 10 more years as I’m willing to take the enjoyment we get most games over the odd disappointment

We couldn’t even get a shot on target and are not going to score at home either. Candlepool know what they need to do, so they’ll have a 4-5-1 just like then2nd half, we just cannot seem to break teams down that do that. Hopefully Aguero will back. I know that’s not the answer but today Jesus looked like a boy v men.

I feel eviscerated

I honestly hope we turn up at home,and I share your positive outlook, .....but right now I feel eviscerated,,just empty. Roll on Saturday and get a bit of
pride back by hounding the rags
There you go
That will give us all a nice lift for part 2
We need to remember just how good this team can be...

We should be able to play with more freedom in the second leg and the dippers might be caught between not knowing whether to stick or twist. An early goal could make things interesting. It's very unlikely but I remember a City team 3-0 down and down to 10 men away to Spurs, yet we came back to win 4-3. I thought that was all over, as I did going into injury time v Gillingham and QPR.

We need to try to play our game and see what happens.

I remember jumping over my mum and dads coffee table when Mscken headed the winner :)

Whatever happens, it's a reality check.

Rarely has a team asked questions of our ability to defend.

Our team play, Guardiola's system and the attacking quality has had most teams beaten at the first sign of trouble.

Liverpool have the attacking quality and attitude to reverse the question. Instead of shitting themselves at "how can our back four stop KDB, Sane and Jesus", they are thinking "how can their back four stop Salah, Firmino and Mane".

Not many coaches in the Premier League have the courage to try and attack us. They do and they have put seven past us. We've had an amazing season and its the most fun I've had watching football but to win the Champions League we need to show some more maturity. Not everything can go our way, and when it doesn't go as intended, stand up and fight. Tonight our players shrunk.

Still 90 minutes to go but the attitude has to change.

Do we know if it would have been a clustefuck of an idea, if we hadn't let in 3 fucking shite goals, or indeed that we wouldn't have let in 3 fucking shite goals with Bernardo playing there ?
But we did. we were always going to let in shit goals against this lot. Gundogan offered zero out there offensively and defensively. He couldnt or wouldnt track Robertson, I think the second goal we were overloaded down the right and Gundo was jogging back. Bernardo would have aided us in ball retention no doubt.
I'm not laying the blame on Gundogan, he has a place in the team but it isnt right mid/wing and it isnt at Anfield.

Not a single shot on target. Not one! They didnt even have a corner, all ours were crap. After everything that's happened this season as well. Very worrying indeed. It seemed that every loose ball went to their feet, every cross from us was over hit or under weighted. Once 3-0 up of course they could sit back and let us play, some of the passing in 2nd half was superb, but no end product. It happened, let's move on to United and give them a pasting. Please

Fucking shit, to a man. Starting with Pep, who inexplicably decided to ditch the system that's been nothing but successful and completely muddle it by sticking the myth of Gundogan in there instead of anyone down the right and also sticking poor Laporte in at leftback (who at least gave it a decent go). Why mess with something that's been brilliant? Unsurprisingly we looked confused and then panicked when they scored early.

Throw in that all the decisions went their way and the result is a complete shit show.

One thing I’m hoping is that Klopp saw how easily they kept us out once they sat back 2nd half
Feel it will be a mistake for them to try that at our place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.