Swansea (H) - Pre Match Thread

City v Swansea prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea must have sent a load of tickets back . level two and three showing lots of availability in away area.

To be honest I’ve never agreed with the guard of honour. It’s a recent innovation given credence because Ferguson wanted to give united’s players a kick up the backside. If United had clinched the title before they played us in 11/12, as seemed possible at one stage I wouldn’t have wanted us to give them a guard of honour so don’t really expect anyone to do it for us. I particularly don’t think it’s right to expect relegation threatened teams to have to do this as it must surely contribute to a “beaten before they’ve started” state of mind

I have to disagree with posts saying play the kids and give Dave and Kev extra time off.

Yes, give the kids some minutes where we can and make sure our players get adequate recovery but we shouldn’t let up in these last 5 games.

It’s not just breaking as many records as we can (although we should and I hope we do), it’s just the right thing to do. Match goers and the worldwide viewing audience should be able to see our best team playing to the highest level they can.

We know Pep will make adjustaments and give Bernardo, Gundogan, Zinchenko, Danilo, Yaya, Foden some minutes but I’d be disappointed if we dropped points fielding a weakened side. We’ve got plenty of recovery time between games now, let’s go hard and put on a show.

Out: Aguero, Mendy, Stones

Suspended: Fernandinho

............................Ederson......................
Walker.....Kompany.....Laporte.....Delph
..........................Gündogan.....................
...............De Bruyne........Silva................
Sterling.................Jesus................Sané

Subs: Bravo, Danilo, Otamendi, Yaya Touré, Bernardo Silva, Diaz, Foden

Said this earlier in the thread, and I stick with it. We can be nearly full strength and give them both game time, while giving a great club servant, time to be with his wife and young boy. Obviously he can be here for the presentation, and I'm sure he'd want that, but there really is no need for him to be playing much for us again this season imho.

The legend will want to get in some game time to keep his eye in for the WC. I expect strong teams with one or two kids in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.