Swansea (H) - Pre Match Thread

City v Swansea prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how stating those two winning totals is relevant mate. Of course first and foremost winning the league is what matters but it is relevant to take the achievement to an even higher level and set records which may never be beaten. Records aren't only for professional Statisticians, we're all mini statisticians in our own way as we follow the table through the season and the goal scoring charts aren't we?
I’m just making the point that number of points accrued is not the best measure of whether a team is great or not.

In 20 years time which of the following scenarios do you think would have you judge us a great team looking back;

A: we amass 100 points this season scoring 100+ goals but next season we finish 2nd to Liverpool

B: we coast through the rest of this season ending up with “only” 91 points and win it again next season with say 85 points

For me it’s scenario B every time. I want an extended period of dominance where our greatness is measured in trophies won. Don’t get me wrong, this has been a great season but it doesn’t necessarily make us a great team yet

thats rubbish mate,getting the most points ever matters as do all the other records we have broken if only for the records the club and the prem league collect,not wanting that is weird
It’s not that I don’t want it, I want everything, I want us to win the most meaningless Manchester cup type pre season friendly, I’d want our transgender over 35s to win cups if we had such a thing but it’s just that in the grand scheme of things I don’t think it’s that important.

Sure it’ll be nice to hear it referenced on tv whenever points tallies are discussed and it’ll always come in handy to wind up rags with but I just don’t see it as that big a deal

I’m just making the point that number of points accrued is not the best measure of whether a team is great or not.
And here was me thinking that getting more points is a measure of quality.

Would the team be less great if it obtained fewer points?

In 20 years time which of the following scenarios do you think would have you judge us a great team looking back;

A: we amass 100 points this season scoring 100+ goals but next season we finish 2nd to Liverpool

B: we coast through the rest of this season ending up with “only” 91 points and win it again next season with say 85 points

For me it’s scenario B every time. I want an extended period of dominance where our greatness is measured in trophies won. Don’t get me wrong, this has been a great season but it doesn’t necessarily make us a great team yet
Yes but you can't predict what's going to happen next season. We could have a crap season who knows? We could smash our own records who knows? All that matters right now for the next 4 weeks is City winning every game and becoming not only Champions and League Cup winners but record breakers in the process. The title can be won by numerous clubs in the years to come, those records I believe would stay unchallenged for decades and possibly never beaten thus singling this team as unique, untouchable and magical as we all think they are and deserve to be remembered as by future generations of fans. Don't rule out relegation next season, this is City remember. Only joking! (I think)

Pep said he regretted taking the foot off the gas after winning early with bayern so i think he will keep going strong plus we owe it to the teams we play to keep it honest,maybe if when we play west ham and they need a point to stay up we might be kind to joe and zabba
Forget foot off gas we’d have to take the engine out for West Ham to get a point.

Bayern were confirmed champions last week - they didn't take their foot off the gas smashing 5 goals at the weekend - neither should we ease up.
Win the next five and set the foundation for another record of winning games on the trot.

Arsenals invincibles didn’t exactly dominate after that season. Their record leading up to 03/04 wasn’t much better than city’s leading up to this season. But they are generally regarded as a great team for what they did in that season. Even though they lost to Chelsea in the cl qf and didn’t win either of the domestic cups.
I think a 100 point season woulld probably be on a par with an unbeaten season where they only picked up 90 points and would deserve to be regarded as highly. But I also think the debate will become academic as this is only the start for this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.