Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Joey Barton must be a hero here then, gave his all every time he played, key to keeping us up. Absolute twat off the pitch but that’s irrelevant init.

well that's not true is it, considering he bet against his own team mates and physically assaulted several of our players on the pitch

To be honest I have Zab, Silva, Yaya, Aguero and Kompany all up there together. They embody City for me - probably Joe as well. I have my favourite, but they are all a massive part of who we are now.

I absolutely cannot fathom how anyone can slag him. Tits.
I’m with you. He’s up there, all-time, names like Bell Trautmann Brook Agüero Yaya for our best or most important ever players.

I can only assume that your a bit numb in the head.
Top irony. You're*

if you start judging players by what they do off the pitch or what their agent did then you may as well pop along to the Swamp , off pitch Carlton pogba is a world beater , i would prefer to judge our players what happens on the pitch , and Yaya has been absolutely brilliant for the vast amount of his City career.

Trouble is, this is City, and there's a whole lot more to being a legend than just what you do. It's how you do it, how you carry yourself, present yourself and how you represent this club, because while you're employed by us, you're ALWAYS representing. Yaya just hasn't quite kept that part up in the same way Vinny, Dave, Sergio et al have.

I have zero arguments that on his day, he was a colossus. Unplayable and up there with the best ever. However, I will absolutely not forgive or forget dragging the name of the club and the legacy of his own dead brother into a disagreement in a poor attempt to either force a move or a pay rise. Disgusting.

Thanks for the memories Yaya, but legend? Nope.

We'll never see a player like him simple as that, no one can replicate those marauding runs forward.

His ability to dictate and drastically change the pace of the game was unparalleled.

Started our recent history and arguably one of our most influential players

Deserves a great send off even if we didnt like his agent.

Last edited:
Even after he shit he pulled he’s still in my top 5 fave city players ever. Will probably shed a tear when he leaves that pitch for the last time. Love Yaya.

Top irony. You're*

Trouble is, this is City, and there's a whole lot more to being a legend than just what you do. It's how you do it, how you carry yourself, present yourself and how you represent this club, because while you're employed by us, you're ALWAYS representing. Yaya just hasn't quite kept that part up in the same way Vinny, Dave, Sergio et al have.

I have zero arguments that on his day, he was a colossus. Unplayable and up there with the best ever. However, I will absolutely not forgive or forget dragging the name of the club and the legacy of his own dead brother into a disagreement in a poor attempt to either force a move or a pay rise. Disgusting.

Thanks for the memories Yaya, but legend? Nope.

The record books will show Yaya as a three time title winner , FA Cup and a couple of league Cups , and a massive influence on the re-emergence of our club , cakegate and his agent will not gain an entry into the history books , but i have no doubt some supporters will never forgive or forget his off field antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.