Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ almighty. We're unable to compete for first and second balls? Sterling, Silva, KDB, Sané, Aguero and Jesus all constantly press, haring and battle physically with opposition players and win.

How on earth anyone can seriously watch this season and think we can't pick up second balls or are getting physically outmatched is beyond me.

Did I say that we can't compete? No.
I said that we run the risk of being able not to compete (against the physically strong sides).
The physical side to the game is not going out of this league anytime soon unfortunately. There have been a few occasions this season where we have not been able to win our fair share of second balls (see the games at Anfield). In any case, and I repeat, I described his height and strength as a bonus (and not the sole reason that I consider him the better player).

a comparison

Short Passes per Game
Jorginho - 81.3
Fernandinho - 74.3
Gundogan - 41.1

Short Pass Completion
Jorginho - 90.4%
Fernandinho - 92%
Gundogan - 92.2%

Key Passes
Jorginho - 48.
Fernandinho - 20.
Gundogan - 24.

Assists
Jorginho - 4.
Fernandinho - 3.
Gundogan - 3.

Goals
Jorginho - 3.
Fernandinho - 3.
Gundogan - 6.

Shot Accuracy (SOT/Total)
Jorginho - (5/16) - 31.3%
Fernandinho - (16/40) - 40%
Gundogan - (17/41) - 41.5%

Dribble Success (Successful/Total)
Jorginho - (14/19) - 73.7%
Fernandinho - (26/27) - 96.3%
Gundogan - (35/47) - 74.5%

Dispossessed
Jorginho - 19.
Fernandinho - 22.
Gundogan - 22.

Unsuccessful Touches
Jorginho - 29.
Fernandinho - 40.
Gundogan - 34.

Tackle Accuracy (Won/Total)
Jorginho - (64/117) - 54.7%
Fernandinho - (71/129) - 55%
Gundogan - (40/75) - 53.3%

Interceptions
Jorginho - 49.
Fernandinho - 56.
Gundogan - 22.

Fouls Conceded
Jorginho - 32.
Fernandinho - 52.
Gundogan - 15.

Clearances
Jorginho - 10.
Fernandinho - 76.
Gundogan - 11.

Blocks (Passes/Crosses/Shots - Total)
Jorginho - 31/1/4 - 36.
Fernandinho - 36/3/6 - 45.
Gundogan - 8/3/1 - 11.

So I think he fits somewhere in between, does more defensive work than Ilkay (not difficult) but less than Fern, and is probably as good on the ball as Ilkay, but doesn't take a shot much. Appears to be outstanding at the standing tackle though.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Here's how managing a football team goes. You find your weakest player and you replace him with the best you can get and if that means one of your existing players is benched then so be it. Yaya is currently the weakest player even though I still love him
Except Yaya hasnt even been on the bench so he has already been replaced , Jorginho or if not him someone else is Fernandinho's long term replacement. But yes Yaya's squad place will be taken by Jorginho if it's him we buy.

How is this fellow compared to wiegl and Fred ? The best option of the 3 ?
Jorginho is miles ahead of Weigl. Fred is very different from Jorginho and Weigl, so it would be hard to say who`s the best out of Fred and Jorginho

not only the quality of the footballing side of the player also the quality of the human being ,this is what pep looks for ,will he fit into the group ,all these stats about passing and tackles ect ect mean fuck all if the player is also a dick.

Did I say that we can't compete? No.
I said that we run the risk of being able not to compete (against the physically strong sides).
The physical side to the game is not going out of this league anytime soon unfortunately. There have been a few occasions this season where we have not been able to win our fair share of second balls (see the games at Anfield). In any case, and I repeat, I described his height and strength as a bonus (and not the sole reason that I consider him the better player).

Who are these physical sides we run the risk of not competing against, considering we've just fucking walked the league beating everyone and breaking every record going?

Are the 3 new championship clubs all full of 6'5 18 stone players and I've not noticed?

Or is every other player in the league going to put on 10 kg over the summer and we'll be blown away come August?

Because short of one of those 2 scenarios happening we aren't going to suddenly get physically blown away by replacing Yaya with a midget, let alone Jorginho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.