Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting quote I found at another forum.

This is a weird move especially when you consider that perhaps Gundogan can do a similar job that Jorginho does at DM, judging by recent games.

I honestly think this is a CL move tbh.

Against Liverpool, they weren't able to hold on to the ball in their own half, and then you wonder why. Their defensive triangle was: Kompany, Otamendi, and Fernandinho.

Hardly the best players under pressure. Jorginho seems like a CL buy, rather than a PL one.

And that's really how the Cruyff school responds to aggression and pressure. Have players who are good in tight spaces who can make the correct decision under pressure. Seems like Pep's going that route.

I remember him saying after the game against Monaco that the only way to win the CL is by having central players who can hold on to the ball under high pressure. It seems like the Liverpool game strengthened that opinion, based on this signing. The DM profiles City were linked to changed after the Liverpool game. They went from the likes of Fred to Weigl/Jorginho.

9jCPl70.jpg
[/IMG]
9jCPl70.jpg

I think for the DM position, Fabinho should be our first choice.
Firstly, you should use per 90 metrics. Jorginho has played the least minutes, and still managed the most completed passes, we're a possession based side so that works in his favour. "Defence score" doesn't really mean anything as we don't know how that score is calculated. It's also worth mentioning that Serie A is a superior and more difficult league than Ligue 1.

Wouldnt be bothered by this signing but don't think it's necessary. Pep has an obsession with midfielders so will trust whatever he goes with. A younger guy would excite me more though. I think Gundo could slide back and do an equal job as jorginho at CDM, while foden/bernardo could collect his minutes at CAM, and the new attacker --> bernardo's minutes out wide... Yaya hardly played a role this season. If we sign a left back or keep angelino, delph will also be available to play CDM, assuming mendy stays healthy... As far as I'm aware, we're not losing anyone this offseason who played substantial minutes. Adding two more players of quality will make rotation a bit more difficult to keep players happy and in form... next season we might be seeing a little less of dinho and aguero but theyll still want and deserve plenty of minutes... buy young. shape ndombele into something special. he's made for the epl... idk, jorginho looks good but think dinho/gundo/delph have enough for another big year. where as if we buy ndombele, he could understudy and not expect massive role immediately. in pep i trust tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.