PFA nominations are out

Totally agree....He has done the best part of naff all prior to this season. Every player will at some point have a worldie season or a better than average season - look at Jamie vardy when leicester won the league

Will salah replicate this form next season, my thinking would be nope.

This is what fucks me off, Kev has been masterful this season and has been the driving force in a season where we could rip up Premier League history books. This is a prime case of "form is temporary, class is permanent"

Kevin De Bruyne is a very brilliant player playing in a outstandingly brilliant team. As such, he doesn’t stand out as much as Salah. I actually think that Merlin has at least as good a shout as Kev for Player of the Year. The real travesty is that David Silva, who has been, year in year out, the best player to grace the PL, and the best player ever to play at City, will retire without being recognised by the POTY award. Kev will get other chances. Silva’s case pains me more, frankly. Not that he’ll care very much.
Kevin deserved it!

Salah is going to break the all time record for most goals in a season, to say he doesn’t deserve it is quite frankly laughable. Some need to take their tinted specs off. Not saying KDB didn’t deserve it either, either were worthy winners.

Last edited:
Salah is going to break the all time record for most goals in a season, to say he doesn’t deserve it is quite frankly laughable. Some need to take their tinted specs on. Not saying KDB didn’t deserve it either, either were worthy winners.
He deserves the Golden Boot.

If goals are that pivotal in the vote then surely Kane deserved it ahead of Kante last season?

It's like if De Gea were to break the all time clean sheets in a season record would he deserve it? Or would people point out it's as much to do with the defence? Because the supply to Salah is never mentioned.

He deserves the Golden Boot.

If goals are that pivotal in the vote then surely Kane deserved it ahead of Kante last season?
Kane didn’t break the record though did he? Salah has done what Henry, Kun, Drogba, Kane, Ronaldo, Torres etc couldn’t do even at their best. It’s an incredible feat I cannot understand how many city fans are over looking it and just saying “well he gets the golden boot doesn’t he”.

Kane didn’t break the record though did he? Salah has done what Henry, Kun, Drogba, Kane, Ronaldo, Torres etc couldn’t do even at their best. It’s an incredible feat I cannot understand how many city fans are over looking it and just saying “well he gets the golden boot doesn’t he”.
Also, just because you win the Golden boot doesn't mean you can't win the PFA award, it's a non argument. Salah has single handedly taken Liverpool to a CL semi and top 4, it's not "just about goals"

Salah is going to break the all time record for most goals in a season, to say he doesn’t deserve it is quite frankly laughable. Some need to take their tinted specs off. Not saying KDB didn’t deserve it either, either were worthy winners.
You need to take your Liverpool FC™ branded red tinted glasses off mate.

Has the kick off been put back until 9:00pm tonight to allow time for the cult to embark upon their dark rituals re Salah and him being declared the greatest person on the planet!

Also, just because you win the Golden boot doesn't mean you can't win the PFA award, it's a non argument. Salah has single handedly taken Liverpool to a CL semi and top 4, it's not "just about goals"
He hasn't though, has he?

Just as De Bruyne hasn't single handedly won us a league and Cup double. However, he has been the standout, and constant, in a team that is set to smash any and all Premier League records this season. Whereas Salah, who yes, has been as equally a standout player in a team that is just about meeting expectations in the league whilst undoubtedly falling short in other domestic competitions by their own measures.

As for the Champions League, he didn't dominate either game against us and a one legged Yaya could have advanced from their group alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.