Running thread

Chester 10k tomorrow, it's been a frustrating 3 months of training, illness and injury have been massively disruptive.

It'll be a fitness test 5 weeks before the marathon, I'll take anything below 45mins, bit frustrating after going under 42 in November.
Good luck mucker.

Chester 10k tomorrow, it's been a frustrating 3 months of training, illness and injury have been massively disruptive.

It'll be a fitness test 5 weeks before the marathon, I'll take anything below 45mins, bit frustrating after going under 42 in November.
45:20ish but ran 4:30km pace so it was the extra 110m I ran that did me in.

Spent most of the race at 95% of my max HR, so the determination was there but the fitness wasn't.

Overall pretty happy.

Hi All
23 miles today in 3.33
Aiming for a sub 3.50 at Manchester next month.
Bit behind on the pace but not too far off where I need to be.
Belting stuff mate, you should be well under 3.50 if your knocking out that in a training run. Everyone's different but I would be a bit careful with your recovery from going at it for over three hours, you want to have plenty in the tank when it comes to the 14th of April, the way you recover is almost as important as how you train.

This morning's Parkrun completed in 29:01 at Isabel Trail "B" course at Stafford Rugby Club.
The "A" course is STILL flooded for what has been around 3 months now.
How congested does the B course get with it being 4 laps and is the path wide enough to make overtaking easy enough?

How congested does the B course get with it being 4 laps and is the path wide enough to make overtaking easy enough?

It's not too bad considering the amount of overtaking and 2 way sections.
The only tricky bit is all the right angled corners, but at least the course is completely flat and mud free which makes it relatively fast.
It's a pretty quiet Parkrun too meaning that it's congestion free at the start, and dogs are banned from the B course so there's less tripping hazards!

Not done much running of late, awaiting knee surgery on a previously repaired meniscus, but did Wythenshaw parkrun on Sunday. Really enjoyed it and a nice flat course which didn't cause me too much aggravation!
Get well soon
I had meniscus treatment 10 years ago
They did a great job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.