Running thread

Going to have to withdraw from the marathon, picked up another niggle. Got some pain on the head of my fibula and going through physio for it.

Don't think it would be smart to run it and too late to defer. Best to rest up, do some S&C and build up from a few shorter distances again.

Sorry to hear that pal. Frustrating but injuries often go with the territory of running. I missed a lot of last year. Keep your chin up and no doubt you will come back stronger.

Going to have to withdraw from the marathon, picked up another niggle. Got some pain on the head of my fibula and going through physio for it.

Don't think it would be smart to run it and too late to defer. Best to rest up, do some S&C and build up from a few shorter distances again.
Shit man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon and then you can take the time needed to get even fitter!

Jasmine Paris has become the first ever Woman in history to start the fifth loop of the Barkley Marathon and incredibly she completed it also.

Don't want to sound OTT but it could be argued this is the greatest ever achievement by a female athlete.

For those not familiar with the race, its arguably one of the toughest in the world with the aim to complete 5 loops (20 miles each loop) in 60 hours with the ascent the equivalent of climbing Everest twice from sea level (16500m of ascent and descent). Most either drop out or miss the cut off to start each loop.

Awesome , wonder if they recorded all this for a Netflix or something

Doubtful - they are really down on any major promotion for the race to keep it true to its roots. There are some really good shorts on YT which give a feel for the race if you’re interested. Watched this one last night.

Hopefully there will be similar stuff for this years race

Jasmine Paris has become the first ever Woman in history to start the fifth loop of the Barkley Marathon and incredibly she completed it also.

Don't want to sound OTT but it could be argued this is the greatest ever achievement by a female athlete.

For those not familiar with the race, its arguably one of the toughest in the world with the aim to complete 5 loops (20 miles each loop) in 60 hours with the ascent the equivalent of climbing Everest twice from sea level (16500m of ascent and descent). Most either drop out or miss the cut off to start each loop.
An incredible feat!! Also amazing was Jared Campbell waiting for her to start her loop so she could have the ‘easier’ clockwise loop meaning he would have to go anti clockwise. Her time was also the slowest ever finisher which in most races you’d be pretty pissed off about, but for this it’s another accolade :)

Doubtful - they are really down on any major promotion for the race to keep it true to its roots. There are some really good shorts on YT which give a feel for the race if you’re interested. Watched this one last night.

Hopefully there will be similar stuff for this years race

Hopefully they will. There was a movie/doc type film on last years Barkley featuring Damon Hall and Jasmine Paris and previously a film with Gary Robbins. However as Gornik says its a much less publicised event than others, I presume to keep the mystique around the event.

I’ve only recently found about the Barkley Marathon - watched the original documentary form 203 last night.
Both brilliant and bizarre (the payments for entry etc!!)

I listened to a British running podcast yesterday about the Tunnel race in the UK.
Jesus….insane (see also the Spine race).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/64139029

I ran an 11k on Monday and same on Wednesday evening this week.
Looking to push my distances back up to at least a half.

Monday’s was the worse run I think I’ve ever had.
Felt awful physically and mentally. Had moments where I just had to walk.

Wednesday was much better. Might try a longer run tomorrow too ;park run this morning).

Still a month or two off back in physio re my hamstring/meniscus issue (torn/frayed but advice is to try and scaffold my knee area rather than hit surgery).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.