Whats the poshest Hotel you've stayed in

I like quirky and not one for 'posh'. Have stayed in most of the supposedly top London and New York hotels, most of them were overpriced and a bit tacky.

The Witchery in Edinburgh is probably my favourite, great food and the rooms are amazing.

Other favourites are Culloden House, complete with piper on the lawns in the morning and some of the finest whisky I've even paid for, The George in Stamford, nearly 1000 years of history and an amazing meat course, The Pig in the New Forest and at Sandbanks in Dorset, great spots for collapsing in front of a fire after a nice afternoon walk and the Merkister in Orkney for the setting and really good food/ drink. Comfy.

The Peninsula on Kowloon mid 90’s for one night which I just about managed to just get past expenses with work as they had fucked up royally with my itinerary when I needed to get back home for a set date. That said I didn’t take the piss and actually eat in the place.
Outstanding.

A lot of pilots get their eyeglasses from the Optical shop in the arcade at the Peninsula, but certainly don’t stay there!!

It helps that the Star Ferry from Wanchai, Hong Kong docks right outside, and there are a few outstanding restaurants in the vicinity, too.

In Delhi, if you go there again, try the JW Marriott at AeroCity. It’s right by the airport, good access to town, and a very secure restaurant-shopping area in AeroCity.

Le Manoir aux Quatre Saison. Lovely ICE Queen room, even had an early addition of the book. Afternoon tea in our own little garden, champagne on the lawn before a Michelin 2 star dinner. Tea brought to the room and poured before one of the best breakfasts ever.

It was our 40th Wedding anniversary.

Apart from that the Midland was a big disappointment, the W in Washington was nice, the Langham in Boston was nice. Mrs Q wants to go to Claridge's or the Ritz but I think that is going to far.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.