Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Fucking Shearer did my head in last night describing Arsenals tactics and defending as brilliant.
Erm any fucker who parks the bus and constantly has eleven men behind the ball can thwart even the best of teams.
However he did say that he still believes that City will go on and win the PL.

Nothing to do with the opposition , that's a weak argument.

Teams have played like that against us for the best part of a decade, we no longer have the players to defeat systems like that.

We dominate the ball yet create little.

We have the best finisher in the world, yet don't play to his strengths.

We ARE Predictable, that's just fact this season, we have become incredibly dull and frustrating.

And to add, it's no surprise we are linked with numerous wide, fast, pacy players for this summer window
not having that mate we can agree to disagree, you cant play to erlings strengths when he has little to no space and especially when the roughhouse tactics were allowed to go unpunished by that twat taylor

it looks boring because a back 10 is difficult to break down, we are victims of our success and our undoubted quality.
doku was bought for this reason.

arsenal have quality players and to play like they did makes it incredibly difficult to break down, there was no lack of trying on our part but kova as good as he is slows us right down and i thought the change for doku took too long

Our record v top 5 this season is really poor. We have been underwhelming with hardly any shots on goal this season way too much also. So only being 3 points behind with 9 to go is some achievement in squeezing the shite out of games which we have done alot.

Only Erling and Phil as goal scorers is way off the mark compared to scouse knutz who have a handful of goal scorers in their squad. Goals win matches and as Keane said yesterday Erling looked like a div 2 striker yesterday with no service.

Bernardo said something along the lines a few months back - we get paid very well but have to play every 3 days. Basically unsustainable and energy/ performance levels will drop. He is right. MOM for me though yesterday - be a massive loss this summer obvs.

not having that mate we can agree to disagree, you cant play to erlings strengths when he has little to no space and especially when the roughhouse tactics were allowed to go unpunished by that twat taylor

it looks boring because a back 10 is difficult to break down, we are victims of our success and our undoubted quality.
doku was bought for this reason.

arsenal have quality players and to play like they did makes it incredibly difficult to break down, there was no lack of trying on our part but kova as good as he is slows us right down and i thought the change for doku took too long
Big sides have to play against packed defences that always been the case.

We used to have players that could defeat those tactics, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, KDB, Spanish Dave, Gundo, not sure we do have anymore.

We are so short of pace.

Arteta came not to lose the game at any cost and he achieved it reasonably easy. That's how low our performances fell and their has risen that he was able to keeps us at arms length. I actually admire him how he did it yesterday. One L. draw and they will be first on goal difference and confident they will outgun them for the rest of the season. But what Pep wanted to achieve yesterday I have no fecking clue apart continuing smashing the largest square peg into the tinniest round hole. But it is a good start not coming out every single opportunity saying it is next to impossible to win four in a row. That squad looks they cannot wait for the season to end giving feck if they win something or not - and we are not winning CL with Pep in this mindset. We literally haven't won a single game all season against the opposition who came against us.
I was slaughtered here after L. game saying we have 5% to win the league, now it is 0.001% and now I include CL there.
Can you show your workings?

Just a general point, because I Imagine everything’s been said (probably including this). Arsenal are a good team, better than last year, and it’s merely childish not to recognise it. Yes, they seemed to come for a point, but there’s nothing wrong with that from their point of view. And by the way, they were distinctly more threatening than us on the break, especially in the first half. They’d have happily taken the three.

No. It’s about something else. When a team as good as that resorts to dropping like flies all over the pitch faking injury, when their keeper takes as long as he possibly can, from early in the first half (not just in the last fifteen minutes of the game), fucking around with the placing of the ball, then changing his mind, and asking his full back — who was “injured and in agony” by the way not forty-five seconds before — to take it, when their players never back off as they are required to do from free kicks. Well, when a team as good as Arsenal do it I am genuinely shocked. If Luton do it, if Forest do it, no disrespect, but I kind of expect it. But a title challenger? Fuckin Ada!
If that is what modern football has become, then I’m out. I mean it. If City ever start doing that (which I don’t remember seeing, thank Christ), then I am out. After fifty five years, I am not going to go to the stadium, I’m not going to pay my money through the turnstile, I am not going to give it my full voice and my emotional energy, for that shit (and I won’t even begin on the nightmarish conditions to get to London from platform 13, the tube was closed when we got into St Pancras, and I was fucked if I was paying an Uber or a cab, so I walked home across London for about an hour, but hey, that‘s by the by, and nothing to do with football).
But if that’s what the football that I grew up with has come to, then I’m definitely out of love with the game, and it’s time for a divorce. Thank God City haven’t started doing it.
Thought the same about Arsenal sitting in, but this analysis from Nedum was very good.Basically say they didn't come to park the bus, we forced them, but then they did it extremely well.

We’ve been shit for most of the season and don’t really deserve the title.

Just a shame the murderers are going to win it. Wouldn’t really bother me if Arsenal won the league.

Just a general point, because I Imagine everything’s been said (probably including this). Arsenal are a good team, better than last year, and it’s merely childish not to recognise it. Yes, they seemed to come for a point, but there’s nothing wrong with that from their point of view. And by the way, they were distinctly more threatening than us on the break, especially in the first half. They’d have happily taken the three.

No. It’s about something else. When a team as good as that resorts to dropping like flies all over the pitch faking injury, when their keeper takes as long as he possibly can, from early in the first half (not just in the last fifteen minutes of the game), fucking around with the placing of the ball, then changing his mind, and asking his full back — who was “injured and in agony” by the way not forty-five seconds before — to take it, when their players never back off as they are required to do from free kicks. Well, when a team as good as Arsenal do it I am genuinely shocked. If Luton do it, if Forest do it, no disrespect, but I kind of expect it. But a title challenger? Fuckin Ada!
If that is what modern football has become, then I’m out. I mean it. If City ever start doing that (which I don’t remember seeing, thank Christ), then I am out. After fifty five years, I am not going to go to the stadium, I’m not going to pay my money through the turnstile, I am not going to give it my full voice and my emotional energy, for that shit (and I won’t even begin on the nightmarish conditions to get to London from platform 13, the tube was closed when we got into St Pancras, and I was fucked if I was paying an Uber or a cab, so I walked home across London for about an hour, but hey, that‘s by the by, and nothing to do with football).
But if that’s what the football that I grew up with has come to, then I’m definitely out of love with the game, and it’s time for a divorce. Thank God City haven’t started doing it.
I thought Arsenal’s game plan and general shithousery tactics for potential PL champions was pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.