Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

It ain't over till it's over. Too many nay sayers on here. We go again on Wednesday against Villa and there's still 27 points to play for. We missed out yesterday but so did Arseholes. Their negativity will be their downfall and I can see another fucking "Gerrard type" slip up coming for Gurning Jurgen and his fist pumping wankers Cuntypool coming.

Some fucking stupid and entitled takes on this thread, such as:

Worst game of the season (Villa away anyone?)
Haaland needs selling
Kev needs selling
We have “no creative players”

What drugs are some of you on?

We’ve been decimated by injuries to key players this season, had a poor summer transfer window, straight out of an international break, with a situation where some players are fatigued and others aren’t match fit yet. Arsenal turned up to park the bus with an excellent defence and fucked their own title hopes up in the process.

Before I turn to the players I’m looking at Pep, coaching and medical staff this season:

Rushing players back from injury when they’re not ready and getting injured again.
Nullifying creative players (we have quite a few in case anyone missed last season) eg as some others have mentioned, no solution to parked buses, few players wanting to take long range shots.
Nullifying Haaland in the process.
Playing Alvarez in midfield over and over again. But also not subbing him on for Haaland when things aren’t working.
Giving Walker all the minutes he clearly demanded even though it’s not always worked.
Spending the first half of the season experimenting with odd line-ups and ceding control.
Favouring Doku over Grealish even when the latter was fit earlier in the season.
Corners and set pieces still below par.
Taking Phil off instead of Kev yesterday.
Not managing Kev’s minutes properly - he was excellent returning from a break.
Underusing Rico and Bobb at certain points.

Things haven’t been clicking properly all season, something is off and no I don’t think we will win the League. But I’m not going to start off by digging out the players for much of what hasn’t been going smoothly. We’ve got an excellent squad, I don’t think they’re being used all that well at the moment.

This might sound odd but I'm more pissed of with the way the gooners played !
We are finding it more difficult to brake down the bus this season, no doubt about that.

I was not expecting a team going for the title to play like, to come up against City with a reserve keeper a make shift back four, and still shit the bed.

I bet Pep and the players werent expecting that !

I dont think we played bad just that if we are just 1% of our game these anti football teams have a chance.

I guess I feel abit pissed of because I was hoping for a good game of football regardless of the score. Arsenal werent interested in that.

I hate the dippers but they have ago. Arsenal are cowards.

Still along way to go CTID

Cant belive the shitbag football arsenal set up to play us yday,they could of laid down a right marker,if haaland doesent squander chance at end ,it doesent pay off for em,still a long way to go ,we just gotta concentrate on our own games,an if it comes back into our hands then buzzin ,9 to play is quite alot,but yer was shocked at how they set up arsenal
Whilst I agree that Arsenal came to defend it's up to us to break them down, and we failed miserably. We're crying out for a David Silva in this team, someone who can unlock packed defences, even he struggled to in some matches. I think Kev is in his last productive season so a replacement should be high on the list this summer

Bottom line for me this season is we’ve lost

Gundogan
Mahrez
Cancelo
Laporte

And not adequately replaced them.

Kev’s been out for 2/3 of the time and come back not quite the same player, so we’ve also “lost” him.

Shouldn’t have let Palmer go.

So that’s 6 top players down.

We’ve done well to be anywhere near any trophies.

Needs a serious sort out this summer.

We have done brilliantly to be where we are,if you factor in that we have been without Kevin and John for most of the season , Erling for 3 months on top of losing Ilkay and Riyadh.
Take 5 World class players out of any side and there will be a drop off in performance and that is what we are experiencing now.
We are a side going through a transition period whilst still trying to remain competitive. Some of the new signings are still adapting to our style, time will tell if they are capable of doing it.
The media spread this myth that we have stronger depth of squad than other clubs ,we don't now.
We are playing with a core of 15 players supplemented by a couple of promising youngsters, 3 or 4 players who make up the numbers,but won't play very often,plus injuries.
Over the summer we must get our transfer policy right as the likes of Kevin, Bernardo and Kyle will need to be replaced over the next couple of seasons .
We can't afford to have another bad transfer window, we certainly did last summer .

Last edited:
Bottom line for me this season is we’ve lost

Gundogan
Mahrez
Cancelo
Laporte

And not adequately replaced them.

Kev’s been out for 2/3 of the time and come back not quite the same player, so we’ve also “lost” him.

Shouldn’t have let Palmer go.

So that’s 6 top players down.

We’ve done well to be anywhere near any trophies.

Needs a serious sort out this summer.

This summer's recruitment is vital if we're going to stay on top of the pile. This squad peaked last year and a few key components have gone, others are coming towards the end of their careers. Hopefully Bobb and Lewis can keep progressing too.

Of course they led a charmed life. Don't you remember all the shots that went just wide of the post, the goal-line clearances and the fantastic saves from their keeper?
I think I'll go back to the Specsavers thread.
LOL

its a transition season, added to that last summers recruitment hasn't so far equalled last summers losses. Said at the start of the season we would struggle to win the league but I quite fancied us for the champions league, I'm still of the same opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.