Jarrad Branthwaite

Would be reticent about spending a king’s ransom on him when Doyle is a year younger and still developing. He’ll presumably be playing in the top flight next season, so we’ll have more opportunities to evaluate his merits.

Doyle looks decent enough from the bits I've seen but a quick look at the Leicester City forum shows that they have questions about his pace and his heading

Doyle looks decent enough from the bits I've seen but a quick look at the Leicester City forum shows that they have questions about his pace and his heading

All valid points. However, they also point out that his distribution helps dictate play. As I say, I’d like to see how he develops after a year in the top flight; Branthwaite certainly didn’t look particularly comfortable at the weekend.

All valid points. However, they also point out that his distribution helps dictate play. As I say, I’d like to see how he develops after a year in the top flight; Branthwaite certainly didn’t look particularly comfortable at the weekend.
Like you say another years loan at Leicester looks the best option for both

We could offset the cost of this lad if Leicester and Southampton go up, it would trigger the buy clause for Harwood-Bellis and we could well have offers for Doyle.

Would never happen but buy him and if Everton stay up, loan him back for a season and give him regular Premier League football for another year. He is an amazing talent and a long term Stones replacement but we have so many defensive options.

Don't get the hype with this or don't get the need to sign him either. Especially when we have Gvardiol already on our books.

I think City are actually going to end up signing at least one proper full-back this summer. If they think that the CB injury concerns are strong enough, that might turn into prioritising RB, CB and CM rather than any other positions IMO. Branthwaite looks to have all the tools, but still quite raw... not sure if that's a positive or a negative.

Really want us to sign this lad with a couple of seasons under King Johns guidance ideally . . .
With Chelsea needing to sell, i'd rather go after Ian Maatsen.
From what i've seen of him he's just as good, if not better and also 21.
We were looking at him in January apparently, before he went to Dortmund.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.