Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Total of about 200 of them singing behind the goal. They’re absolutely nothing without their drum.
That’s not quite true is it. The Palace Ultras create a good atmosphere at Selhurst Park and get the rest of the Palace crowd singing. At least give them some credit. If City were 1-4 down against Palace at the Etihad you’d hear a pin drop and the Etihad would be half empty with 15 minutes to go. I don’t remember our fans roaring City on when Palace staged a come back at the Etihad this season. Yes, the Palace Ultras don’t travel well or support their team well away from home, but the Palace Ultras are good at home. It’s easy to have a pop at home fans (as we know all too well) when the away team, on this occasion City, are winning 1-4.

Last edited:
And just because the Palace Ultras use a drum that doesn’t make their home support shit or any less better than our support at the Etihad without a drum. There have been plenty of times when their home support has out-sung our away support over the years at Selhurst Park.

Last edited:
Absolutely awesome particularly that memory version of Made of Stone. Take a bow if you were there, whether you're called Sheila or not.

What’s the end part, couldn’t work it out

Sometimes I fantasise
Won the league under Mancini
And again with Pellagrinni
Don’t these times
Fill your eyes
Now we’ve got Pep Guardiola
And the blues are taking over

…..

Anyone help

As a Blue of 40 odd years that was a top atmosphere today. Took my daughter on only her 2nd away trip and she loved it and sang along throughout. Backing from Our end got louder after we conceded. A memo to Palace - Having a dick with a drum does not constitute atmosphere or soul btw. Raucous backing again from our away end - Made of Stone a top song and Rico quickly becoming a cult hero with the match going Blues. On to the next one.

“Ultras” v Proper atmosphere.

Hopefully that settles that one for good.

In England yes but Europe no, palace ultras are tame and don't have the numbers compared to the Italian, German Dutch Scandinavian and eastern European ultras.
Ultras here are lame, I'd even say ultras from USA and Australia are better.

That’s not quite true is it. The Palace Ultras create a good atmosphere at Selhurst Park and get the rest of the Palace crowd singing. At least give them some credit. If City were 1-4 down against Palace at the Etihad you’d hear a pin drop and the Etihad would be half empty with 15 minutes to go. I don’t remember our fans roaring City on when Palace staged a come back at the Etihad this season. Yes, the Palace Ultras don’t travel well or support their team well away from home, but the Palace Ultras are good at home. It’s easy to have a pop at home fans (as we know all too well) when the away team, on this occasion City, are winning 1-4.
Well it was true for me today and last season.

Maybe my view is skewed because I don’t like them, but all I could hear was the boom, boom of their drum.

Well it was true for me today and last season.

Maybe my view is skewed because I don’t like them, but all I could hear was the boom, boom of their drum.

Im not going to get into digging another clubs support as I think Palace have a decent following but I agree bar the maybe 40/50 over the tunnel/sign there was not much going on. I was right next to the home fans across the netting in the Arthur Wait sign and it resembled a neutral end with many just filming the City fans.

But Palace aren't a decent team. However we made a fair bit of noise when losing to Arsenal at home about 20 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.