Running thread

2 hours 26 mins 41 seconds. New PB by almost 2 mins. I was supposed to run behind 2.30 pacer then gently overtake him. Started right at back of wave, took 6 miles to catch him, ran with him from about mile 6-10 them gently worked my way in front and actually a sprint finish. Thanks to everyone on this this thread for their help support and advice
Well done, ob. You need to be a bit careful with the pacers, in my experience they can be a fair bit off where they should be.

Reactions: ob
Well done, ob. You need to be a bit careful with the pacers, in my experience they can be a fair bit off where they should be.
Thanks mate, yea I've read a few reviews saying people missed their time due to their pacer being out. I'm sure it's not an easy job. My aim was to finish, then under 2.30 (that's why was looking for him) then if going ok try and beat PB of 2.28.

Around 3.50
I hit the wall last year and was fucked off
I've thrown everything into the
Training for 16 weeks.
It won't happen this time.
Well you have certainly put the long runs in, that should see off any chance of "the wall"
I know what your saying about being pissed off, that last stretch coming out of chorlton is a fucker when you know your not going well, I did 3hrs and 14 seconds 2 years ago, stopped for a piss and couldn't get going again at the end, hopefully I can bury them 14 seconds this time round, and I definitely won't be stopping for a piss!!!

Well you have certainly put the long runs in, that should see off any chance of "the wall"
I know what your saying about being pissed off, that last stretch coming out of chorlton is a fucker when you know your not going well, I did 3hrs and 14 seconds 2 years ago, stopped for a piss and couldn't get going again at the end, hopefully I can bury them 14 seconds this time round, and I definitely won't be stopping for a piss!!!
Being honest I set off to quickly and maybe didn't do enough training.
This year I've ran mainly on my own and felt really good towards the end.
So that's s good sign, just need to watch it at the start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.