Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Worth remembering we were playing the second best side in the World in their own stadium.

The result was 3-3. The performance was closest to 1-1 so overall nobody got lucky.

You have got to expect some teams will be difficult to beat. To look at how both teams played and assume it will be the same in the second leg is quite an assumption. Both teams are wiser now.

I‘d have taken a draw and we have maybe a 70% chance of progression given we are now at home.

We could play below par or be unlucky and still go out to an excellent team but you can’t moan about 3-3 away at Real Madrid come on.

Huge credit to the players last night because I thought we could have been dead and buried in that first half. We dug deep and put a champions performance in.

A few years ago we would have folded.

All about the result at this stage, not how you do it.

If this keeper still plays in the next game, we have to shoot much more often and focus on the target. No need for fancy shots at the top corner or super curves at all.

Jude Bellingham is a prime example of a player who thinks he's already made it. He's believing his own hype..aka Neymer, Rashford, Mbappe etc etc. It's a dangerous mindset to have. I'm absolutely delighted with that draw, even though I didn't think we played particularly well(again we lost the ball far too much) we dug in and got the draw, which is something we wouldn't of managed 5 years ago. We'll fuckin batter these at home. Gonna be a bear pit again. C'MON CITY!!

It’s definitely by design what is being said and wrote,imagine certain other teams getting a draw in Madrid the media would have wall to wall coverage,we know now what it’s like if you listen to pre match build ups on champions league games we are treated as the foreign team,anybody thinking otherwise has their head in the clouds ..
Much of that is because TNT now hold the Champions League rights. Sky have to report it because it's big sports news, but there's nothing stopping them doing it in a muted fashion, through gritted teeth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.