Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

I’ve just watched the goals again and the build up to them as well. I’m, once again, awestruck by this team. I don’t just mean the 11 on the pitch but the whole team at the stadium. The reaction of them all when Phil ( he’s one of our own) Foden scored was brilliant. They all ran towards him, KDB, Ederson, Pep and numerous others. The same when Gvardiol scored. Plus it looked as if they wanted KDB to be involved in the celebrations as if as a compensation.
They are a unit and their togetherness shines through. So brightly in fact that every game my awareness of this is enhanced.
Maybe I’m going OTT on them but this is MANCHESTER CITY THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD and they are the team I am proud to support. :-)
If anyone had told us thirty years ago that one day we would wake up and be scoring within two minutes away at the Bernabeu, that one of our own would bring us back from behind with a screamer, and that it wasn't even our best performance...what a time to be Blue. Bring on next Wednesday!

Best result of the season that

Madrid are a top side and we were way out of our comfort zone but to show the mettle we did and battle our way back into that game took some doing - only genuinely great sides can survive a night like that.

Bernie and Jack were immense but all of em played their part. The "sloppiness" that the stupid media refer to is down to our lads being brave as fuck on the ball against top top players who know how to steal a ball in tight situations - obviously sometimes we'll lose possession but I bet Pep was so proud to watch them play like that.

My only slight bit of negativity would be for Ortega, at the very highest level his distribution was found wanting. Couldn't fault him for the goals tho and his handling on other occasions was excellent.

What a **** that Bellingham is. Cheating throughout the game trying to get our lads booked or sent off. Leaving something on our players after the ball was gone too. Ruben did well to restrain himself after one such instance. I was disappointed that Akanji and big Erl were chatting happily to him at the end. Decent enough player, good athlete and tidy in possession but I'm glad we didn't spend £120m on him. Let's show him what he missed out on next week.
Bellingham should have been sent off for that one your are thinking about on Dias - totally deliberate

Bellingham to City? - wouldnt go anywhere near the lad - another Pogba for me - hugely overrated....Foden is a class above him

Would've probably taken that at the start and, without tempting fate, I didn't see much to frighten us at The Etihad in that Madrid team. They were incredibly fortunate with their first goal and Akanji was unlucky with their second. Even in the build up to the match Real didn't come across as anywhere near the same bullish, confident team they usually (deservedly given their CL history) are and appeared to be very aware of the challenge we present. If we play anywhere near our potential next week we should progress, hopefully Walker will be fit and available and Bellingham plays to the level he did last night.
I do think we have smashed their confidence, but they are extremely quick on the break, as soon as there's a turnover Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo are off. Our vulnerability to counter-attack gets used against us by everyone from bottom of the table Prem teams to Real Madrid....that does frighten me a bit, but I've no doubt Pep will have the answers and the boys have the talent and crucially, the heart.

Bellingham should have been sent off for that one your are thinking about on Dias - totally deliberate

Bellingham to City? - wouldnt go anywhere near the lad - another Pogba for me - hugely overrated....Foden is a class above him
You mean Jude the Obscure! Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Poor baby he falls down when another player looks at him and I’m sure he was crying last night as he whined (for the umpteenth time) to the referee!!
Leave him where he is, personally I wouldn’t want him near City. JMHO

You mean Jude the Obscure! Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Poor baby he falls down when another player looks at him and I’m sure he was crying last night as he whined (for the umpteenth time) to the referee!!
Leave him where he is, personally I wouldn’t want him near City. JMHO
He even did it in the very 1st minute of the match....fell to the floor, threw his arms around in faux anger and frustration trying to make out the decision to not give him a foul was horrendous...he was trying to set the tone for the whole night from that point.... Fortunately the ref was deent and didnt fall for it and set a good tone when he booked the madrid player for the foul on Grealish straight away (which was clearly a bookable offence) - the ref took the sting out of their cheating antics (though they still tried)

I do think we have smashed their confidence, but they are extremely quick on the break, as soon as there's a turnover Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo are off. Our vulnerability to counter-attack gets used against us by everyone from bottom of the table Prem teams to Real Madrid....that does frighten me a bit, but I've no doubt Pep will have the answers and the boys have the talent and crucially, the heart.
Get walker back and hopefully that changes

He even did it in the very 1st minute of the match....fell to the floor, threw his arms around in faux anger and frustration trying to make out the decision to not give him a foul was horrendous...he was trying to set the tone for the whole night from that point.... Fortunately the ref was deent and didnt fall for it and set a good tone when he booked the madrid player for the foul on Grealish straight away (which was clearly a bookable offence) - the ref took the sting out of their cheating antics (though they still tried)
Is it the same ref next week do we know because he was probably the best ref this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.