Luton Town (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I’ve told the story before….

….. but absolutely will not tire of shitting on these bastards from the greatest of heights. Fuck off back to the Championship please. Make it sharp.
Was in the Grandstand that game when David Pleat jauntily skipped across the pitch towards the Luton fans in the corner of the Kippax.
If I remember correctly, as a few pints of despondency were drunk afterwards, a City fan chinned Pleat for his celebrations on the pitch ?
Have seen Pleat's on the pitch celebration on MOTD (?) many times - but did a City fan given him a crack on his way to Whalley Range ?

I thought Julian was off it today - things just didn't fall right or he made the wrong decision but to his credit, he never stops trying. but players are not superhuman, they will have dips in form. that said finding a solid position for him looks hard.
I think Julian fares better when it's either him or Erling playing as our main striker. I've not been a fan of both playing together, as Erling isn't industrious enough, & occupies the space Julian would have if he played as our loan striker.

Using both, we're essentially using a 3-2-2-3, where Alvarez doesn't have the No 10 guile of KDB or Foden. Pep's trying to shoehorn both into our starting eleven for the sake of squad harmony, above it being our most effective strategy.

Haaland needs more creativity around him when Julian's playing, & Julian is better being a main striker who can drop deep to pull defences apart, therefore creating space for other attackers in a more fluid system.

Those two draws at home v Scouse and Spurs I hope don’t bite us on the arse , two games again we dominated , we’d be 4 clear bar those results , we haven’t been at our fluid best this season , but we have the ability to take it to the wire , anyone who bets against us is a fool.

What's done is done, Forget the past, City was in a right mess back then and you get what you deserve, Swales did all the damage long before we went down that season, From a promising team built by John Bond to Swales fucking it up and sold players like Trevor Francis and John Bond walked leaving us up the creek,
Can’t agree. We were shite but Pleat was a classless fuck coming on to the pitch like that.

If I remember correctly he’d also call the Rags “Manchester” during commentaries. Twat.

Can’t agree. We were shite but Pleat was a classless fuck coming on to the pitch like that.

If I remember correctly he’d also call the Rags “Manchester” during commentaries. Twat.

Give over matey, He just kept them up and had the right to celebrate as he did
pundits back then called both teams Manchester, Our very old Piccadilly radio commentator Brian Clark used to think anybody playing City in red and white stripes was called Stoke City ?

Done and Dusted, Nothing can change the past and being hateful to something that happened 40 years ago is not good for your soul and blood pressure, Relax and enjoy the right here right now

The Boys in Blue obviously didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed ‘em you showed ‘em all.
I’m going to spare you the rest as I don’t know if the media were complementary of not. Nor did I know if the officials were good or bad as I had total black out from before the match got going properly until the taxi driver asked me the score. Then until now I’ve been a bit preoccupied with great-grandchildren etc., although did get a quick catch up with a couple of other City fans. ;-) :-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.