27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

The word I can’t get out of my head watching him is weak. And sure enough he’s physically weak it seems to me and his decision making is similarly weak in that he has a knack for picking the wrong option -in the final third it’s pretty much every single time.

Shade unfair
How many minutes would Tommy have gotten at City v Nunes at Wolves?
Maybe. My point was that we probably didn’t need to spend quite so much money if all we needed was someone to play against the weaker teams and come off the bench when games were already won. I’ve been suffering from PTSD since 1979, Post-traumatic Steve Daley, and paying the Wolves £53 million for Nunes seems to have triggered me…

The word I can’t get out of my head watching him is weak. And sure enough he’s physically weak it seems to me and his decision making is similarly weak in that he has a knack for picking the wrong option -in the final third it’s pretty much every single time.
I think hes got a decent eye for a cross/cut back and a 3rd man run like gundob

He would be decent as a Left back
left back at Wolves? he has no fight for a tackle, I wouldnt want him in defence.

I know its his first season, give him time to improve etc etc but from what we have seen in the bits so far, he has little fight, pulls out of 50/50s, carries the ball well but then typically a safe pass. offers little and felt like a panic buy

More like a new RB if we can't find him a place in midfield. He would have to "toughen up" for it, though.
At least we would have a pacey Kyle Walker replacement for the future :).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.