27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Guardiola sees something in the lad.

I don't see what that is, unfortunately. I can't tell if he's doing his job well or not because I really don't see what role he's filling. I cannot see what he adds to this team or if we'd ever be worse with him out of it and he doesn't excite me when watching him play. :/

I'm just very 'meh' about him.

One thing that has struck me over the course of the season is how much he has developed physically in the 8 months since he came. He always looked a little slender at Lisbon, ditto at Wolves, but when he’s come on in the last couple of games, he’s looked much more solid across the shoulders and chest. Whether he’s to stay, however, is another thing, but if he is, then his pace, physical development, and versatility might suggest a season rotating with Walker is in order.

I don't see what that is, unfortunately. I can't tell if he's doing his job well or not because I really don't see what role he's filling. I cannot see what he adds to this team or if we'd ever be worse with him out of it and he doesn't excite me when watching him play. :/

I am not sure Pep 'sees something in the lad' he hardly ever plays him. He has a turn of pace in space but lacks control and his shooting is awful.

Imo he was a rushed 'panic buy' mistake. Having missed out on Bellingham, Rice and Paqueta and with KDB out injured for months. Cole Palmer wanted to go out on loan but we insisted on a sale, (you would assume for the money?) we received €47m for Palmer then bought Nunes for €62m!

Bobb from his appearances and performances in internationals for Norway has performed much better and deserves more game time.

I know I'm likely in the small minority, but I thought he showed enough to be optimistic. I think he's going to start for Portugal in the Euro's as he gives them something they desperately need in pace in the midfield. Hopefully, he has a good tournament and comes back ready to compete.

I am not sure Pep 'sees something in the lad' he hardly ever plays him. He has a turn of pace in space but lacks control and his shooting is awful.

Imo he was a rushed 'panic buy' mistake. Having missed out on Bellingham, Rice and Paqueta and with KDB out injured for months. Cole Palmer wanted to go out on loan but we insisted on a sale, (you would assume for the money?) we received €47m for Palmer then bought Nunes for €62m!

Bobb from his appearances and performances in internationals for Norway has performed much better and deserves more game time.
Personally I’d be looking to use Nunes in a deal for someone else. I agree his signing was a mistake.

I think he'll start all the pre season friendlies so Pep can see if he can use him or flog him.

Many players do come good 2nd season but that also comes off the back of actually playing for us. Gonna be 26 and has played less for us than youth players being phased in. Add that to the all the CMs were linked with and outlooks not good for him imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.