The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A point on the goal difference too, it's just Arsenal not allowing us to drop points at the moment.

So we only really need them to drop points to allow us a draw. Granted it would then be a shootout with us and Liverpool.

Arsenal have responded well to be fair to them, which makes their collapse against Villa even funnier. They now have the excruciating watch of Brighton-City. Beat them and I think their heads drop going into Spurs.

Arsenal are not dropping anymore points IMO, but that doesn't matter as we only have to concentrate on us. These next 4 days are crucial, if we get 2 wins then we will win the league. After Forest it's near enough a game a week until the end, so we will be fully refreshed from Wolves onwards. All away games are tough but Brighton and forest are on poor runs we should be winning both.

I don't think they'll have an easy time at Spurs. Spurs haven't played for more than 10 days, and don't have many injuries either.

Hands up expecting Arsenal and Liverpool to drop points last week? At home?? Versus Villa and Palace???
No-one?!?! Thought so.

They given us the advantage. And I know what we have done over the years towards real challengers. Brighton first …

Spot on. We're quick to see our games as a challenge and the opposition as having points in the bag. Who saw us picking up 4pts from Villa, Wolves (a) and Chelsea? Who saw us drawing at Palace as being a better result than the dippers would get against them?

I think we'll all still drop points myself. I see Arsenal getting 10pts at best and ending up on 87. Liverpool I think will get 13pts and end up on the same but with inferior goal difference.

5 wins would be enough for us in that case, but again context is important. I think we need to win our next 4 - Brighton (a), Forest (a), Wolves (h) and Fulham (a) and then we'll have broken the back of the others and pressure will be off our trip to Spurs, but we'll have the chance to win it there and they'll be celebrating with us at the end as Arsenal miss out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.