Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Let's not be too harsh, for a few seasons they pushed us and got points tallies that would have won leagues in years gone by. He has been their best manager over the last 35+(?) years and they played decent football as well. He has won every trophy on offer so he's not the failure some on here make him out to be - he's also not the person the Dippers are making him out to be either.

My natural inclination is to agree with that. I'm not into vindictiveness. And I don't in fact hate Klopp. He can be a bit of a fool at times, but if we hadn't got Pep, we would sure as hell have wanted Klopp as a second option.
My problem is simply this: it's not reciprocated. At all. That reasonableness, that lack of fanaticism, that generosity towards a worthy opponent — they simply don't know what it is, as far as I can see. They are feral in their salivating hatred of everyone that stands in the way of what they see as their natural right. It happens to have been us (and it's beautifully convenient for them that the 115 charges are hanging around, although I agree with the analysis that if the charges are revoked, it'll be “I told you so, they've bought them off, the cheating bastards”, and if they're confirmed, it'll be “I told you so, etc.”) Before us, it was the rags. They hated them, and still do, for “blocking” them for twenty years.
In the sixties, and even to some extent in the seventies, I don't remember them being like that. Not to that extent. But I might be wrong. I suppose social media, which is the cess pit for all the trolls of humanity, is partly responsible.

My natural inclination is to agree with that. I'm not into vindictiveness. And I don't in fact hate Klopp. He can be a bit of a fool at times, but if we hadn't got Pep, we would sure as hell have wanted Klopp as a second option.
My problem is simply this: it's not reciprocated. At all. That reasonableness, that lack of fanaticism, that generosity towards a worthy opponent — they simply don't know what it is, as far as I can see. They are feral in their salivating hatred of everyone that stands in the way of what they see as their natural right. It happens to have been us (and it's beautifully convenient for them that the 115 charges are hanging around, although I agree with the analysis that if the charges are revoked, it'll be “I told you so, they've bought them off, the cheating bastards”, and if they're confirmed, it'll be “I told you so, etc.”) Before us, it was the rags. They hated them, and still do, for “blocking” them for twenty years.
In the sixties, and even to some extent in the seventies, I don't remember them being like that. Not to that extent. But I might be wrong. I suppose social media, which is the cess pit for all the trolls of humanity, is partly responsible.

This is why I warmed to Arteta after last season, when he realised the season was over he cracked a smile and congratulated Pep and City for their title.

The scousers and Klopp are deserving of their pummelling because they are so ungracious spiteful and vindictive.

Last edited:
One thing is for certain on the last day of the league season all the attention wil be on Klippety at Klanfield and whoever wins the title will be an afterthought , there will not be a dry eye in the house on that day because the rest of football fans will be crying with laughter at yet another season of abject failure , and another quadruple campaign finished in April .
So the Dippers can have their tearful farewell , whilst Pep hopefully picks up a double , double and a fourth record breaking consecutive title , which puts Klippety's achievements during his tenure into perspective.
It isnt all about money , if it was the Rags & Chelsea would be top of the pile , its what you do with the money.

Klopp is a very good manager.

The overhyping of him by the biased media is irritating I know. His on field antics do him no favours but none of us are perfect .

We are blessed with Pep but it won’t always be like this.

One day we may have a manager who wins what Klopp has and City fans will think this manager is brilliant.

Erm.......... constantly giving Klopp a wraparound and your username is Revolver.

After this shite week your head must be here there and everywhere,cheer up as they say tomorrow never knows you might have a good day sunshine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.