Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

The klopp 'era' trophies:
The covid premier league* that no fucker saw then lift the trophy for.
A champions league after beating a poor spurs team in the final with a dodgy penalty
An fa cup and 2 league cups where they didn't score a single goal in 3 matches in normal time.

And they will have you believe he has been as good as pep.

Yeah, I think it's silly to dismiss him has having not done anything. That team around 2020 was spectacular.

But I do think it's true that he only really built one great team in the time he was there, and ultimately lost out to Real Madrid twice and us thrice. He took years to get that team in place when the league quality was poor, and they've spent money poorly over the last few years, not plugged obvious weaknesses, and hung on to some players too long. Their lot will point to us to cover what is actually a number of weaknesses and Klopp's management style.
Great teams win lots of trophies

Great teams defend titles

Great teams win doubles and trebles

Klopp built one pretty good team. Sensible dippers must have found it embarrassing to see his team compared favourably with the genuinely great Liverpool teams of bygone eras

You have to laugh at the BBC's attempts to promote the dippers. Apparently their title hopes have been dented today. Dented ? They are fkin holed and going down faster than the Titanic.

Had a look at that, because I was intrigued. If I'm driving a car, and it gets dented, it certainly doesn't stop me from carrying on and going right where I'm going.
Their title hopes aren't dented. They're over. Plain and simple. It would take a fuck-up the likes of which have never been seen, not from one, but from two, teams. Had a look at the actual article, and it's pretty close to saying that.
I strongly suspect that that headline was tacked on by some incompetent sub-editor at the beeb who knows nothing about football and cares even less. It looks as though they haven't even read the piece.

Let's not be too harsh, for a few seasons they pushed us and got points tallies that would have won leagues in years gone by. He has been their best manager over the last 35+(?) years and they played decent football as well. He has won every trophy on offer so he's not the failure some on here make him out to be - he's also not the person the Dippers are making him out to be either.
andy murray pushed djokovic, nadal and federer and will never be talked about in the same breath as them, just like he shouldnt ever be talked about in the same breath as pep, hes a good manager, so was ranieri

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.