PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's shite like this that opposition fans see and believe. Regardless of what happens we will be guilty in the eyes of the thicker element of the footballing community. I know it's utter shite, but it's utter shite that people believe.

View attachment 116750
How good would that be? A Championship, FA Cup and CL treble?

‘The Unbelievables’.

If it restricts our investment at City it could increase the pace of development at the CFG clubs.
I agree.

In fact the Holding Company ie CFG may make sure any short or long term profits by just City is not taxed in UK by doing exactly as you suggest.

Not sure of the current Holding Co rules but that was one of the advantages of such a structure to encourage investment in needing companies (ie newer ones) by giving tax advantage to profit makers (mature ones).

Why Milan offices raided by Italian financial police https://football-italia.net/why-milan-offices-raided-by-italian-financial-police/

Portuguese police raid Benfica and Sporting offices in corruption inquiry https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...estigation-benfica-sporting?CMP=share_btn_url

Italian police RAID Juventus' club offices amid transfer probe https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tml?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton

Corruption.
Offices raided.
False accounts.
Computers seized.

@projectriver

Aren't we being accused of the same or similar offence?

The proposed regulations aren't fully agreed yet and the next bit is to decide if player sales can be in addition the spending cap. However it ends up I'm not going to lose any sleep over it as they won't last long. Like the current PSR regs there will be unexpected consequences and so they will be ditched and replaced by new regs that are even more convoluted. I don't expect a football regulator to have any impact in this area whatsoever.

We are going to build up a lot of surplus cash under these new rules by all accounts , thankfully , and to our advantage , we have the best talent producing academy in the country, the PL won’t stop City , they didn’t then and won’t now . United being affected is poetic justice , but I have a feeling something else is at play here , it’s very very odd that these rules will affect them more than anybody else potentially in the future.

I know it was mentioned by a poster back in February on another thread, but Shalke are deep in the shit and facing going out of business (there is an article on the BBC sport now. Whatever the German FFP rules are, it hasn't stopped them getting to this situation and their ownership model clearly isn't working for this club and it's reported that the fanbase is split about new investment.
They have an amazing fanbase and probably wouldn't want to admit how closely comparable we are but our new rules being proposed wouldn't save them either. Some clubs, it would appear, are just badly run - who would have thought it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.