Rodri Understudy

Well then you would win wouldn't you?, he won't be coming just to play that role but he will be the one Pep trusts to do it when Rodhri gets a rest.
So where does he play when Rodri plays? we don't play 2 DMs, we seem to be looking at Paqueta or an alternative, we have Foden, KDB and Kovacic that can all play centrally. He doesn't get into a 3 of Rodri, Paqueta, Foden/ KDB.

So where does he play when Rodri plays? we don't play 2 DMs, we seem to be looking at Paqueta or an alternative, we have Foden, KDB and Kovacic that can all play centrally. He doesn't get into a 3 of Rodri, Paqueta, Foden/ KDB.
See where Kova & Gundo fit when rodri plays. there he can start/understudy for any 6/8 we have now.

His only role won't be dm back up, but pep will trust him to do it when needed

I've been impressed with Adam Warton when I've seen him. He's young enough to except the role of understudy and learn from the best.
Like him alot, but id leave him at Palace another year before making a move, gonna have 40+ starts more, would take us longer to invest that many starts,

Him & Doucoure should be a great CM pair for Palace next year

Neves. The Guimaraes/Paqueta combination would provide immediate rest for Rodri and give us the strength to compete across all fronts next season, but Neves, for me, would be the most natural understudy.

Could we not already have somebody good enough ready to be a backup option next year, somebody who is currently having an excellent season in La Liga... Maximo Perrone anybody?

He dislodged the club captain to be a definite starter, looks full of quality and very composed on the ball, very rarely misplaces passes and seems press resistant, positionally aware not only of his defensive duties but of opposition players around him, he can also without being very strong handle himself physically.

I think although he's different to Rodri he could still be highly effective for us, if we get rid of him he could turn into a top player one we regret selling in the long run.

Also wouldn't surprise me if he heads to Girona next season if he's needed there, he's potentially good enough to be a squad player here from what I've seen, plus I think everyone would agree the few games he has played for us were also impressive.

Posted in the other thread , but Bruno is as close as it gets to Rodri stat wise, didn’t expect that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.