Rodri Understudy

Tbh you’re missing the point of what we actually need. The last thing we need is a Rodri understudy, who can only play when Rodri doesn’t. The best player we can bring in on the understanding that he only plays 5-10 games per season is not going to be good enough.

What we need is Bruno Guimaraes (or similar). Someone who will play WITH Rodri and is also able to cover him when he’s not there. So someone who can play as a 6 and an 8, like Gundo did. And that’s why we want Bruno G. He is the one.
I know that , I just don’t think he gets in our midfield IF we buy Paqueta, or anyone else, he doesn’t, so unless he comes instead of Paqueta, which is possible he isn’t the right one.
All I’m saying is we won’t buy Paqueta and Guimaraes, think it’s one or the other.

I know that , I just don’t think he gets in our midfield IF we buy Paqueta, or anyone else, he doesn’t, so unless he comes instead of Paqueta, which is possible he isn’t the right one.
All I’m saying is we won’t buy Paqueta and Guimaraes, think it’s one or the other.
Paqueta replaces Bernardo’s ability to play centrally or on the wing. In my opinion, we should move Kovacic on if Saudi come calling (since Nunes will be impossible to shift). Bernardo is surely off this time. So for me it’s Bruno G for Kovacic (and the added benefit of Bruno G being better at both 6 AND 8 than Kova) and then Paqueta for Bernardo. That would be my prediction. We’ll be buying both, or if not those two specifically, players that fit their profiles.

Paqueta replaces Bernardo’s ability to play centrally or on the wing. In my opinion, we should move Kovacic on if Saudi come calling (since Nunes will be impossible to shift). Bernardo is surely off this time. So for me it’s Bruno G for Kovacic (and the added benefit of Bruno G being better at both 6 AND 8 than Kova) and then Paqueta for Bernardo. That would be my prediction. We’ll be buying both, or if not those two specifically, players that fit their profiles.
Not sure he is off, but he is mainly played wide right and think we’d buy a wide player to replace him if he does go.
Think Paqueta takes the Gundogan role playing alongside Foden or KDB. So a midfield 3 of Rodri, Paqueta and Foden or KDB. leaving Kovacic to back up Paqueta.
So where then Guimaraes? We could buy him as. Paqueta alternative but both ,just can’t see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.