What's the 'roughest' area in GTR MCR

Re: What's the 'roguhest' area in GTR MCR

Rascal said:
The worst estate ive ever seen was Gorsey Bank in Cheadle Heath. They knocked the whole estate down and moved most of them next door to the Swythamely estate. Gypsies moved onto the old estate but soon left as they kelt getting robbed.
born down gorsey bank,loved it down there.All my best mates growing up down there are still best mates now some 30 years later,the gypsies tried taking the piss parking caravans on people front gardens,thats why they got fucked off,a few got set alight.

m7mcfc said:
Manc in London said:
I was stupid enough to rent out a place on Mildred Street, next to The Cliff just off Great Clowes Street in Lower Broughton during the mid 90s. Bugger me, that was rough. Even walking to town, past Mocka Parade, on a Saturday morning, felt like running the gauntlet. I had rocks thrown at me, someone threatening to inject me with a hypodermic needle containing pure heroine and another wifh a knife. All this during the daytime. I only lived in the area for 4 months.

Far worse than the likes of Beswick and Ancoats. I would walk to Droylsden to my dads after a night on the town during the early to mid 90s. No problems at all.

Notable mentions for Longsight, Gorton and, of course, Ordsall. Anyone who hasn't mentioned Ordsall have never had the misfortune of visiting the place.

What a load of shit no decent smack head would waste his time threatening somebody with a needle full of as you said pure Heroine....Whats that Joan of arc gear? I live near Mocha Parade nobody get's burgled around here and everybody looks out for each other. I live on a little Avenue and apart from the pensioners everyone works and have pride in their homes. Come back to Lower Broughton I will throw rocks at you.

I will join you mate.. apart from the usual knobs bombing about on motorbikes down alleys etc, which whilst I agree is hardly ideal, Lower Broughton is fine, if a little rough and ready. Though the chippy on Mocha has to be the worst that ever existed.
Still, we can even go for a walk down the riverbank now.
I know a lot of people round here and there is a definite community feel and looking out for each other.
I guess lots of areas seem rough it you are not used to them. personally I think areas down the other side of the mancunian way look awful and soulless, yet am sure those from that area would think just the same of here.

One of my best mates lives in Lower Broughton and I never like going there. She's used to it but there are some right arseholes who just make life hard for everyone else

bobmcfc said:
One of my best mates lives in Lower Broughton and I never like going there. She's used to it but there are some right arseholes who just make life hard for everyone else

Yep, there are , but can't you get those anywhere.
There are arseholes in Hale - just a different kind.
I do understand for those who don't know it round here it can probably appear scary. But the genuine, good people far outnumber the arseholes, honestly.. I guess as always those who just try and get on with life, work, contribute and help others are overshadowed by a minority of idiots and scumbags.

BlueRob01 said:
bobmcfc said:

I do understand for those who don't know it round here it can probably appear scary. But the genuine, good people far outnumber the arseholes, honestly.. I guess as always those who just try and get on with life, work, contribute and help others are overshadowed by a minority of idiots and scumbags.

Tbf though she has had some trouble from a resident scum woman from round that end so I hear all the stories. I know she loves where she lives and believe me her and her family can handle themselves but she's such a decent person. she's had her car smashed up whilst she was in it and now has to drive around with a bat in her car because even though she came out the better in a confrontation, the dickhead and her crew of crack heads keep coming back for more.

Gaylord du Bois said:
daveduke67 said:
The g/f's minge five days after her waxing.
Missing Mooner Alert!
Top poster Dave, its a shame he's not posted for a year or more.
He was at the last piss up

bobmcfc said:
BlueRob01 said:
bobmcfc said:

Tbf though she has had some trouble from a resident scum woman from round that end so I hear all the stories. I know she loves where she lives and believe me her and her family can handle themselves but she's such a decent person. she's had her car smashed up whilst she was in it and now has to drive around with a bat in her car because even though she came out the better in a confrontation, the dickhead and her crew of crack heads keep coming back for more.

That's shocking. I feel for your mate. I guess it is an area round here where it can be hard to judge the right approach if do get any trouble. On the one hand you have to be wary of appearing weak so have to front it out like your mate. On the other, you do get dicks that have nothing better to do than start vendettas once you do this. Obviously the rationale approach is to put it down to lack of education, opportunities, parenting etc. But I know that's kind of impossible to do when somebody is in front of you and/or making your life a misery.
For what it's worth though I admire your mate for taking a stand and not letting the scum win.

Manc in London said:
I was stupid enough to rent out a place on Mildred Street, next to The Cliff just off Great Clowes Street in Lower Broughton during the mid 90s. Bugger me, that was rough. Even walking to town, past Mocka Parade, on a Saturday morning, felt like running the gauntlet. I had rocks thrown at me, someone threatening to inject me with a hypodermic needle containing pure heroine and another wifh a knife. All this during the daytime. I only lived in the area for 4 months.

Far worse than the likes of Beswick and Ancoats. I would walk to Droylsden to my dads after a night on the town during the early to mid 90s. No problems at all.

Notable mentions for Longsight, Gorton and, of course, Ordsall. Anyone who hasn't mentioned Ordsall have never had the misfortune of visiting the place.
My parents ran a pub on the Ordsall Estate in the early 70s, if you knew the locals you were ok, when the local scrotes found out i was a Blue they all wanted to fight me even though i was only 15, couldn't put it off forever so i had it out with a local 'hardnut' and didn't do too bad, they left me alone after that

I've lived all over the place and I've always found 1940s-50s style estates, semi detached, gardens etc (DickieBird, Gorsey Bank types), to be much rougher than High Rise or Deck Access estates of the 60s and 70s. It's just the high rise ones look much more intimidating.

We moved from Buttershaw in Bradford (Rita Sue and Bob Too) to Hulme in 1989, and I was scared to leave the house for the first two weeks because the place looked pure evil. It actually turned out to be not too bad, and I sometimes find myself missing the place. I have never,ever, missed Buttershaw!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.