What's the 'roughest' area in GTR MCR

Re: What's the 'roguhest' area in GTR MCR

BlueRob01 said:
m7mcfc said:
Manc in London said:
I was stupid enough to rent out a place on Mildred Street, next to The Cliff just off Great Clowes Street in Lower Broughton during the mid 90s. Bugger me, that was rough. Even walking to town, past Mocka Parade, on a Saturday morning, felt like running the gauntlet. I had rocks thrown at me, someone threatening to inject me with a hypodermic needle containing pure heroine and another wifh a knife. All this during the daytime. I only lived in the area for 4 months.

Far worse than the likes of Beswick and Ancoats. I would walk to Droylsden to my dads after a night on the town during the early to mid 90s. No problems at all.

Notable mentions for Longsight, Gorton and, of course, Ordsall. Anyone who hasn't mentioned Ordsall have never had the misfortune of visiting the place.

What a load of shit no decent smack head would waste his time threatening somebody with a needle full of as you said pure Heroine....Whats that Joan of arc gear? I live near Mocha Parade nobody get's burgled around here and everybody looks out for each other. I live on a little Avenue and apart from the pensioners everyone works and have pride in their homes. Come back to Lower Broughton I will throw rocks at you.

I will join you mate.. apart from the usual knobs bombing about on motorbikes down alleys etc, which whilst I agree is hardly ideal, Lower Broughton is fine, if a little rough and ready. Though the chippy on Mocha has to be the worst that ever existed.
Still, we can even go for a walk down the riverbank now.
I know a lot of people round here and there is a definite community feel and looking out for each other.
I guess lots of areas seem rough it you are not used to them. personally I think areas down the other side of the mancunian way look awful and soulless, yet am sure those from that area would think just the same of here.

Born salford and lived silk st, ordsal and great cheetham st near griffin lower broughton left in 91.........never ever had trouble. had great time.....some fantastic nights in potters! sister still lives near griffin (as was) still and i get over once a week........imo lower broughton is posh now !

r.soleofsalford said:
work all over greater manchester and have done for 30 years with my job and cant believe people are saying wythenshawe if rough.

in fact of all the estates and poorer areas it one of the best.
There's a certain feel to Wythenshawe, where you see many of the streets are tree lined and many houses have front and back gardens. Don't let that fool you. There's a certain few streets around Northern Moor, just off Button Lane, and a certain few streets around Benchill/Crossacres behind where the little ASDA (the little streets with the green fences) is that are very rough areas. The sort of places where if you drive around or walk through everyone seems to stop and look at you and create a very eerie feeling, that feeling you get when you just know an area is dodgy.

What Wythenshawe has as well, like Lower+Higher Broughton and Odsall had around the 80s and 90s, is if ever needed to be called upon the local gangs could get groups of dozens and dozens together. Over 85000 people live in Wyhthenshawe (just as reference 16000 live in Longsight, 17000 live in Moss Side, 12000 live in Cheetham Hill) it's a huge place yet very closely knit. There aren't many other places like it.

KippaxCitizen said:
r.soleofsalford said:
work all over greater manchester and have done for 30 years with my job and cant believe people are saying wythenshawe if rough.

There's a certain feel to Wythenshawe, where you see many of the streets are tree lined and many houses have front and back gardens. Don't let that fool you. There's a certain few streets around Northern Moor, just off Button Lane, and a certain few streets around Benchill/Crossacres behind where the little ASDA (the little streets with the green fences) is that are very rough areas. The sort of places where if you drive around or walk through everyone seems to stop and look at you and create a very eerie feeling, that feeling you get when you just know an area is dodgy.

What Wythenshawe has as well, like Lower+Higher Broughton and Odsall had around the 80s and 90s, is if ever needed to be called upon the local gangs could get groups of dozens and dozens together. Over 85000 people live in Wyhthenshawe (just as reference 16000 live in Longsight, 17000 live in Moss Side, 12000 live in Cheetham Hill) it's a huge place yet very closely knit. There aren't many other places like it.

I'm from Wythenshawe and that my friend is not true. Gangs???? 10 in a group if you're lucky. Pah! Going on like it's gangs of New York!

Hattersley is/was a fucking dump full of inbred scrotes.
The place has an awful atmosphere and even if you didn't know that the Moors murderers were living there when they were commiting their crimes,or that one eyed murdering bastard Cregan killed those policewomen there.
The populace have an aversion to outsiders bordering pathological,it's an overspill estate but where from certainly not from anywhere in the Manchester I know.

KippaxCitizen said:
r.soleofsalford said:

If you think crossacres is bad you should see the area around greatfield and gladeside shops then lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.