Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact nobody seems to be kicking up a fuss about him leaving is very telling. Done a decent job for us, we should of got rid last summer imo as we could have got a better fee. But hey ho, we've naturally drifted apart, like an amicable ending of a relationship. He will always be welcomed back for a brew and a catch up but nothing more.

You will make a young lady very happy Edin! It's not you it's me!

And some City fans wonder why we have so few 'if any' ex City players as pundits sticking up for us as a club?

As with Boateng before him, if he goes, he will be going to a top Italian club who ran us close in the champs league last season, and it will be from a distance where City fans will appreciate his true quality. The fact Roma want to buy him tells you everything you need to know about Edin.

Certainly he was a confidence player, but on his day he was top quality but absolutely no one can deny the amount of 'heavy' goals he scored for the club.

I will be disappointed to see him go but he will live long in the memory as a key player that was a fundamental part of the growth of this club whi brought us the quality we all craved.

Fair comment mate, although tbh it is the minority who are abusive about pplayers, the empty vessels syndrome. Funny as well how the slag-off merchants on here are always claiming to be little angels at the games - come out with all the vitriolic abusive shit in here, but then make out that they are really supportive of the player at the matches

For your information i have held a season ticket from the 99 season under joe royle, not that i should have to justify myself to you. At the ground i have never cat called or booed any of the players and am one of the more vocal fans. The players always have my full support on the pitch. However this is an internet forum, a place to discuss city and offer differing opinions. You clearly have a different view to mine on dzecko. It doesm,t make me bad supporter or a rag etc. Get over yourself

You don't have to justify yourself on any level. You go to City, you don't go to City. You boo players, you don't boo players. You don't rate Dzecko, others do. Where you do have to justify yourself though, is on misrepresentation of FACT. Dzecko had 2 good games in 4 years? Oh dear. Without this bloke we would have won nothing these last 4 years. You cannot revise history because you "don't rate him". Even though he probably won't lose any sleep over your views and, yes he was a frustrating player at times (and, unlike you, I did roar at him during a game sometimes) but you cannot deny that he scored some absolutely vital goals. A goal at 0-0 is worth far more than getting goals 4,5 and 6, completing a hat trick and getting MOM. Look at how many games he won for us.
Blackburn 0-1, Wigan 0-1, WBA 1-0 down, down to ten men, 10 minutes left he come off the bench, scores within a minute then gets the winner. Equaliser v QPR, equaliser at Notts County to stay in the cup we went on to win. First against Palace, 43 seconds at UTD, first 2 against Villa in the penultimate game of 13/14. The list goes on and on. 50 goals in 130 games. Fifth best minutes per goal ration in premier league history. As a match going fan I am surprised you've forgotten all these (and they are just ones I thought of replying to this).
Don't like him by all means, but don't pretend he had 2 good games in 4 years and that he won't be missed.

I've always had a soft spot for Edin, partly because of the heavy goals and partly because of the abuse he gets . An underrated player, like Gareth Barry in a sense, although with Barry it was the opposition fans who didn't rate him with Edin it's his own.As others have said Edin's big problem is that he likes to be the main man. His most consistent performances were in the second half of 2013-14 when Aguero was injured. Buying Bony (jury still out on that move) seemed to be the final straw for him and his attitude is now an issue. Like Tevez and Balotelli before him the time feels right for him to leave. He goes with my very best wishes and will always be welcome back at The Etihad in years to come. Good Luck Edin!

You don't have to justify yourself on any level. You go to City, you don't go to City. You boo players, you don't boo players. You don't rate Dzecko, others do. Where you do have to justify yourself though, is on misrepresentation of FACT. Dzecko had 2 good games in 4 years? Oh dear. Without this bloke we would have won nothing these last 4 years. You cannot revise history because you "don't rate him". Even though he probably won't lose any sleep over your views and, yes he was a frustrating player at times (and, unlike you, I did roar at him during a game sometimes) but you cannot deny that he scored some absolutely vital goals. A goal at 0-0 is worth far more than getting goals 4,5 and 6, completing a hat trick and getting MOM. Look at how many games he won for us.
Blackburn 0-1, Wigan 0-1, WBA 1-0 down, down to ten men, 10 minutes left he come off the bench, scores within a minute then gets the winner. Equaliser v QPR, equaliser at Notts County to stay in the cup we went on to win. First against Palace, 43 seconds at UTD, first 2 against Villa in the penultimate game of 13/14. The list goes on and on. 50 goals in 130 games. Fifth best minutes per goal ration in premier league history. As a match going fan I am surprised you've forgotten all these (and they are just ones I thought of replying to this).
Don't like him by all means, but don't pretend he had 2 good games in 4 years and that he won't be missed.

He scored goals for us, but then he was playing in the best team in the prem by a mile, a very attack minded side under pellegrini. So i would expect our striker to tuck a few goals away. As i said i can remember 2 outstanding performances from him in his time here. Not saying he was awfull in every other game. Also when things didnt go his way he would hide and sulk. Personally i like players who show heart and desire and i dont think he had enough of either. I wish him all the best at his new club but am glad he wont be wearing blue next season as i would like to see what ihenacho and bony can do.

For your information i have held a season ticket from the 99 season under joe royle, not that i should have to justify myself to you. At the ground i have never cat called or booed any of the players and am one of the more vocal fans. The players always have my full support on the pitch. However this is an internet forum, a place to discuss city and offer differing opinions. You clearly have a different view to mine on dzecko. It doesm,t make me bad supporter or a rag etc. Get over yourself

Last edited:
And some City fans wonder why we have so few 'if any' ex City players as pundits sticking up for us as a club?

As with Boateng before him, if he goes, he will be going to a top Italian club who ran us close in the champs league last season, and it will be from a distance where City fans will appreciate his true quality. The fact Roma want to buy him tells you everything you need to know about Edin.

Certainly he was a confidence player, but on his day he was top quality but absolutely no one can deny the amount of 'heavy' goals he scored for the club.

I will be disappointed to see him go but he will live long in the memory as a key player that was a fundamental part of the growth of this club whi brought us the quality we all craved.

Well said mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.