City v Spurs post match

having had time to calm down, my personal opinion is that the future is set to be golden. This season will throw up disappointments,
but i can live with that. We need to replace some of the older defenders with younger and better ones, the modern game has never
been so demanding on pace, and stamina. Spuds were outplayed for large periods of the game today, something i never expected to be
writing, the work-rate from our lads chasing and harrying them was just fkin amazin', and the speed and skill was, at times scintillating.
Before the k.o. i feared it would be City getting the runaround, how wrong was I.
The nailed-on, dead cert not-given penalty will be on a continuous loop, no doubt ( yeah right) that's if they can squeeze a few frames between the fergie-time rooney wank-fest. 5 fukn minutes, WTF!!!!!

First Spurs Goal- combination of Clichy not closing down and the deflection off Kolarov's head.
Second Spurs Goal- I'm convinced Kane was offside. Have a screenshot but can't post it.

Our defending, against the league's form team and compared to last week, was excellent.

I will add to previous post by saying, I will be surprised if these overhyped creeps finish higher than us, will fall when pressure is on, Arsoles will beat them as usual haha :-)

Little bit gutted with the result but it's hard to be pissed off when you have played so well for 99% of the game.
On the whole we were sublime and created loads but again we were a little wasteful and lacking bodies in the box on occasions.

But you can see how great we can be and hopefully with a good summer transfer window and pep gets the players he wants combined with the talent we have here already I think the future is looking superb.
I know its shit when we lose but we really do need to be a bit patient this season and just keep looking forward to the next few seasons.

Was very impressed with Sane today, did think he was struggling to fit in during the season. Maybe the competition from Jesus for his position has given him a positive kick up the rear.

I can see us moving to a back three next season, or perhaps a Barca style 4-3-3, which would allow Sane, Sterling and Jesus to work as an interchangeable front three, setting each other up for chances, sharing the goals, and all the while being supplied by Kev and Ilkay. Could be absolutely frightening. Of course, this system wouldn't allow for a traditional striker, which excludes Kun, so I could be wrong.

Was very impressed with Sane today, did think he was struggling to fit in during the season. Maybe the competition from Jesus for his position has given him a positive kick up the rear.
No, hes young and adapting, I think he has slowly improved with each appearance.

This is the BIG question. We need to play like this EVERY game.

I can't see any reason why we don't.

Of all the teams I have seen at home, I have only been impressed with Southampton in patches and Chelsea who despite us playing very well, looked strong at the back and broke quickly. I thought Spurs were dross and neither they nor Liverpool will be winning the league. For me Chelsea will virtually have it won by the end of March.

On our day we are the best team in this league but if you don't take chances and can't defend then you won't win games.

Very frustrating because at times I can see a great side but at others one that has a soft underbelly and is not focused enough. We really should have won that game today.

Brilliant at times today. Relax, everyone. When Pep gets who he wants in defence, we'll take some stopping. All the bent refs, all the bent journalists, all the bent pundits- none of 'em will be able to stop us. Keep the faith.

I have no doubt that next season we'll be brilliant. But will we be competing in the CL as well? Right now, it looks difficult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.