City v Spurs post match

... Maybe it's time to have 4 assistants, 2 that do halfway line to the penalty area and 2 that do the penalty area only?

I've thought that there should be 4, each having one side of one half. Both linos should have to put their flags up for an offside much like in boxing all judges have to register a punch to score a point.

I think that would be much more effective and greater use of the officials than the bollocks CL variety.

Agree totally about the Spurs comment, but we did dominate Everton. Watching every shot against going in will have a psychological effect on the team. In the wider context - what about Bertrand for left back and Van Dijk at centre back ? They know the league. Don't need to sign a right back - getting close to the point when Maffeo can come back and have an extended run. He's young but good enough to have the two Madrids and Barca sniffing round if we're not careful.

We pretty thoroughly dominated Everton the first half, I grant you. Two superb passes from De Bruyne. What I should have said was that I was sickened by the way all the heads went down after the second goal went in, and the team basically downed tools for the rest of that second half. Two goals down at the beginning of a half, with 45 minutes to play, or as near as nothing, is definitely doable for a team with some bollocks, and skill. Somebody proved it to us only three days ago (with some help from the ref, admittedly). I just don't accept it, and I continue to think that Vinny, for one, would have had an influence in that situation. We've missed him terribly over the past two seasons.

We pretty thoroughly dominated Everton the first half, I grant you. Two superb passes from De Bruyne. What I should have said was that I was sickened by the way all the heads went down after the second goal went in, and the team basically downed tools for the rest of that second half. Two goals down at the beginning of a half, with 45 minutes to play, or as near as nothing, is definitely doable for a team with some bollocks, and skill. Somebody proved it to us only three days ago (with some help from the ref, admittedly). I just don't accept it, and I continue to think that Vinny, for one, would have had an influence in that situation. We've missed him terribly over the past two seasons.
Agree. Vinnie makes the back four (and the rest of the team) play better than the sum of their parts with his leadership, organisation and sheer ability and pace. I do think that when any team works its balls off and then concedes saveable goal after saveable goal it must affect the team's psychology. The idea is to have as many world class players in as many positions as possible. It's not acceptable for City to have the worst performing goalkeeper in the Prem for six months.

Ha ha...police told me I'd have to go and collect mine if they ever discovered it.

I asked what I'd do if they found it on the Langworthy in Salford or in Afghanistan. They said they don't go on the Langworthy. Afghanistan it is then !!

YCNMIU.

Where's my bloody car. Anyone seen it. The law just log it onto Auto plate readers and hope that the crims forget to change the plates.

I think we could do with The Trumpet for a few weeks. Now that would be fun. Er Mt Gill,a quiet word in your shell like. Heard of Guantanamo at all ?

So essentially Foy is saying Marrat isn't fit for purpose.

Any pics doing the rounds which shows Garrat's position when it happened?
Looking on the highlights you can see the liner is pretty much up with play until RS is just outside the box and then he disappears from view. However he couldn't have been that far back and would surely have had a decent angle to see the push. Marriner was probably 20 yards behind play and directly behind the players rather than at an angle

Looking on the highlights you can see the liner is pretty much up with play until RS is just outside the box and then he disappears from view. However he couldn't have been that far back and would surely have had a decent angle to see the push. Marriner was probably 20 yards behind play and directly behind the players rather than at an angle

We played Spurs in the match of the day. The result meant that City did not go level on points with Liverpool and Spurs and the matches the following day meant we dropped further behind Chelsea and Arsenal. The week end results had a considerable impact on the top four and our, and more so United's, relative position.

Our match turned on the infamous non-penalty decision. We have heard that Raheem made it too hard for the ref by staying on his feet- this from a man considered good enough to referee a World Cup final. We have been told the ref was too far away to see the push. The linesman didn't see it either. Now we need another four officials to help. They need video technology even then to help them. All this to see a push that was so blatantly obvious that everyone else at the ground (apart from Spurs' manager) and everyone watching everywhere else in the world saw it. Should we place the officials in the stand? Or make them watch on TV? Or just sack the incompetent and dishonest? Then the assistant who gave a penalty to Arsenal rather than a free kick for offside to Burnley would be in trouble. As would the ref who didn't give Hull a cast iron penalty (at 1-0 down). I don't think Burnley will go down, but Arsenal have been gifted 4 points from Burnley thanks to awful refereeing. Hull may well be relegated - by only a point or on goal difference. Refereeing has had a massive impact on the top and bottom of the table in one weekend.

It isn't more officials we need but fewer - but honest ones who are up to the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.