£100m more spending and the World will be Ours

Project said:
SamTheGuru said:
Barry, De Jong, Vieira, Milner, Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Zab

8 players capable of playing in the 3 man midfield.

It's not that bad when you look into it in a bit more depth. This is where Bobby Manc likes his versatile players.

"not bad" is not really where we should be aiming to be. Our forward line of Silva, Dzeko, Tevez, Balotelli and AJ is probably the strongest set of 5 players in the world.

Arsenal have:

Song
Fabregas
Wilshere
Ramsey
Denilson
Nasri

Significantly stronger than our options.

Not saying its a poor midfield, but it is a definite weak point and somewhere we should be striving to improve.

We are not set up to play like them though. For example, who from that team would you replace De Jong with?

i think i may get crucified here, but considering our defensive problems right now, we are looking pretty vulnerable at set pieces and in the air , how about brede hanngerland, , the arse tried to sign, so he obviously has got something, just a thought,

SamTheGuru said:
Project said:
"not bad" is not really where we should be aiming to be. Our forward line of Silva, Dzeko, Tevez, Balotelli and AJ is probably the strongest set of 5 players in the world.

Arsenal have:

Song
Fabregas
Wilshere
Ramsey
Denilson
Nasri

Significantly stronger than our options.

Not saying its a poor midfield, but it is a definite weak point and somewhere we should be striving to improve.

We are not set up to play like them though. For example, who from that team would you replace De Jong with?

I don't think our setup is the point. A player like Fabregas, Wilshere or Ramsey would slot in Barry's place just fine and offer us a lot more as a bridge to fix the "broken" team we often are.

Personally I think we are just a couple of players short. But I don't think we should sign anyone over 24.
I think we need a good centre half who plays the way we play. I have a feeling that with Chelsea seemingly missing out, or not getting a bid accepted and Mancini not ruling out anymore January signing for the first time we may well be bidding for Luiz, who I think is exceptionally good and will get better.
Fast strong, good in the air a great on the deck.

I also think we need a replacement/cover for Barry. A strong and powerful midfield runner, with good technique, I would love us to go for Javi Martinez, big strong, young, good on the ball and chips in with goals.

I would love us to add a 4th forward, behind Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko ideally someone very young like Lukaku, Munuian or the kid from Southampton.

If we added 3 quality players to our squad and removed Jo, Adebayor, SWP et al we would be a really competitive, young, gifted and hungry force.

If we signed 3 of the aforementioned we would have change from £100m too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.