£18,000 for 'Manchester City' nameplate off steam locomotive

Don't take any shit off the non-believers.

I spent many a happy hour in my teens in a farmers field at Hartford (near Northwich) where the main West Coast line crossed under the line to Chester.

That was in late 50's early 60's and there were steam locomotives on both lines, my favourite engines were the Coronation Class, absolutely beautiful to look at.

Had the pleasure a few years back of going on a steam trip from Wilmslow to Scarborough that was hauled by the Duchess of Sutherland - what a thrill.

I'm with you re the Coronation's Gray. I used to travel to Crewe and Bank Quay for them in the early 60's from home near the swamp!

I remember as a kid I used to be the lookout for my dad as he climbed up the grass embankments to spanner off the bridge plates on the bridges. He used to then clean them up and give them to his clients as presents keeping one for his office and one for the house. I remember also helping him sand and paint them in the garage. I wont mention where we got the parafin lamps from that went on the guards van not to mention the brass station plaque.

I remember as a kid I used to be the lookout for my dad as he climbed up the grass embankments to spanner off the bridge plates on the bridges. He used to then clean them up and give them to his clients as presents keeping one for his office and one for the house. I remember also helping him sand and paint them in the garage. I wont mention where we got the parafin lamps from that went on the guards van not to mention the brass station plaque.
You're not from Liverpool by any chance are you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.