£56 for home games

But why on earth should Southampton be a high-end CAT A game? Just because it's the first game of the season? That's not been the case in the past. It's just another excuse to fleece the fans if the club gets lucky and has a CAT B team on the opening day of the season.

And these CAT A games don't just happen 3 or 4 times a year anymore, there are loads of them.

Hamann Pineapple said:
It always amazes me when fans defend the club for increasing the price of tickets ? Why would you ? They are pricing local fans with families out of the game to make way for richer corporate clients or tourists that might visit once in their lifetime. Why would you defend that ? Please tell me.

I think this sort of thing is a mith. What makes people think we will get tens of thousands of tourests flooding into our ground, because that is the volume your lookin at to make it worth while pricing 'locals' out of matches. As for those now comin from Cornwall ect, are they on 10 times more money than people in Manchester? where locals cant afford to walk to the ground so this suddenly makes way for people to spend a hundred pounds or so in travel money alone to take their places? Really, these 'locals' need to get their heads out of their arses and realise that it isnt just 'Mancs' that support City.

Would you rather pay £35 or £55?

Would you rather watch - Ben Thatcher, Richard Dunne, Joey Barton, Darius Vassell and Georgios Samaras
or
Gael Clichy, Vincent Kompany, David Silva, Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero?

The Pink Panther said:

Would you rather watch - Ben Thatcher, Richard Dunne, Joey Barton, Darius Vassell and Georgios Samaras
or
I don't think the question is 'would you rather', it's 'can normal fans afford' to pay £55.

Dubai Blue said:
But why on earth should Southampton be a high-end CAT A game? Just because it's the first game of the season? That's not been the case in the past. It's just another excuse to fleece the fans if the club gets lucky and has a CAT B team on the opening day of the season.

And these CAT A games don't just happen 3 or 4 times a year anymore, there are loads of them.

It goes off demand rather than the team we're playing. QPR was last game of the season so was priced high as there would be a high demand. Southampton is our first league game as Champions so there will also be a high demand. Im confident this is as much as it'll get and the prices are simular to last season.

The Pink Panther said:

or

The quality of football increasing doesn't mean the ticket prices should as well. We don't go to watch City because we have those players.

Kaini Industries said:
The Pink Panther said:

or

The quality of football increasing doesn't mean the ticket prices should as well. We don't go to watch City because we have those players.

It makes us very fucking happy though

I'm an overseas SC holder and at 30 odd quid a game it is excellent value even with a slight increase this season. However,if it went up to £800-900 a season I'd have to seriously consider it as flight costs are going up aswel. My whole life is built around going to watch City and has been for the past 15 years,it saddens me that people who have followed the club through thin and thinner will soon be priced out. As mentioned on here ticket sales represent very little towards revenue but maybe every little helps in the clubs quest to appease Twatini and Uefa. I understand Mansour bought the club as a symbol for Abu Dhabi and will eventually want it self sustaining but it doesn't have to be at the cost of the working class fan.

BlueHalli said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
It always amazes me when fans defend the club for increasing the price of tickets ? Why would you ? They are pricing local fans with families out of the game to make way for richer corporate clients or tourists that might visit once in their lifetime. Why would you defend that ? Please tell me.

I think this sort of thing is a mith. What makes people think we will get tens of thousands of tourests flooding into our ground, because that is the volume your lookin at to make it worth while pricing 'locals' out of matches. As for those now comin from Cornwall ect, are they on 10 times more money than people in Manchester? where locals cant afford to walk to the ground so this suddenly makes way for people to spend a hundred pounds or so in travel money alone to take their places? Really, these 'locals' need to get their heads out of their arses and realise that it isnt just 'Mancs' that support City.

What the fuck are you talking about ? I'm talking about prices not where our fans come from. i mention locality in relation to wages. How much do you think a bloke living close to City's ground earns on average. Taking 2 kids with him to a match is likely to cost him between 1/3 and 1/2 of his weekly wage. What part of this do you not understand ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.