“City have got no history”

It is. I dont think many clubs, if at all, have scored five at Old Trafford in modern times in the premier league. Back in 1926 United again suffered a 6-1 at Old Trafford. The opponents. Manchester City.

I wonder if VAR would have made any difference to that historical match?

When I hear the history card being played I normally ask when did history start and where does it end?
Up until 1973 we had the same amount of trophies as the dippers 8. Up until the mid eighties we had won more top flight points than the rags. Since we have been the dominant side this past decade I can only assume history refers to 1973 to 2011 years. That's 38 out of 140 years

I'm confused with 'History'. Raggy's say it started in the 1950's but the dippers were absolute shite then so I don't know what to think. Can anyone help please? TIA

It is. I dont think many clubs, if at all, have scored five at Old Trafford in modern times in the premier league. Back in 1926 United again suffered a 6-1 at Old Trafford. The opponents. Manchester City.

_56231000_fergie_231011.jpg

gx5v7MUeNvMRfatCjqYG2wgg0zuHvx6mxVfrgKYMJruMAHzRHKX5NunuF9ELr4rj1ykKIZH3CwHaLPEZc_h2ENaIEwALAprNtEm-VLQZbidTaukIjA=s0-d

i fucking love our club and do not give a shit about what they say because its only fools that believe in the hype
just like a boxer living on past glories they still think they are the best but the truth is there is always someboby coming up and kicking your arse

I'm confused with 'History'. Raggy's say it started in the 1950's but the dippers were absolute shite then so I don't know what to think. Can anyone help please? TIA
Churchill used the phrase (after others) 'History is written by the victors'..

In the early days of the Football League, Preston North End, Blackburn Rovers and Aston Villa had their periods of winning all before them. Then in the 20s it was Huddersfield Town's turn. Then in the 30s (after nicking Hudders' manager and players) it was The Arsenal. The 50s were owned by the Red Filth and Wolves, while from the mid-70s to 1990, the Scouse Filth dominated. Then it was the Red Filth's turn again, with the occasional incursion by Arsenal and Chelsea.

Of course, during these various periods the UK sports press has grown in (self?) importance alongside the game and has developed its links with the movers and shakers within the game to write its history. Which is why some clubs are now regarded as having 'more history' than the rest of the football world. And which is why the clubs with 'more history' are given a free pass when they get things wrong ('Arsenal/redundancies'; 'Liverpool/bus-wrecking'; 'Spurs/taxpayers funding its staff on furlough' and so on and so on, anyone?)

Whereas during the past decade, when the English game has been dominated by our beloved Manchester City, scant credit has been given to our achievements whilst any errors/mistakes we may have made are pounced upon, publicised widely and become part of the historical narrative of the time, whether correct or not.

Maybe Churchill's statement doesn't apply to every phase of history, then..

Last edited:
Churchill used the phrase (after others) 'History is written by the victors'..

In the early days of the Football League, Preston North End, Blackburn Rovers and Aston Villa had their periods of winning all before them. Then in the 20s it was Huddersfield Town's turn. Then in the 30s (after nicking Hudders' manager and players) it was The Arsenal. The 50s were owned by the Red Filth and Wolves, while from the mid-70s to 1990, the Scouse Filth dominated. Then it was the Red Filth's turn again, with the occasional incursion by Arsenal and Chelsea.

Of course, during these various periods the UK sports press has grown in (self?) importance alongside the game and has developed its links with the movers and shakers within the game to write its history. Which is why some clubs are now regarded as having 'more history' than the rest of the football world. And which is why the clubs with 'more history' are given a free pass when they get things wrong ('Arsenal/redundancies'; 'Liverpool/bus-wrecking'; 'Spurs/taxpayers funding its staff on furlough' and so on and so on, anyone?)

Whereas during the past decade, when the English game has been dominated by our beloved Manchester City, scant credit has been given to our achievements whilst any errors/mistakes we may have made are pounced upon, publicised widely and become part of the historical narrative of the time, whether correct or not.

Maybe Churchill's statement doesn't apply to every phase of history, then..
You have left out Sunderland from the list of trophy winning teams in the early days of football. They have won something like 10 trophies in their entire history and 7/8 were pre World War 1/Victorian Era.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.