“De Bruyne Plan”

De Bryne Plan

So we have gone back to the Revie Plan, with no conventional centre forward. Plus ca change ....

Alexandrian-_Blue
No doubt Pep will know all about the Revie Plan having first adopted the style in Barca. Played two centre forwards yesterday though and has also played one forward this season. The players are comfortable with any system he chooses which shows how well they are coached.
We have a world-class manager for sure. All this talk of statues for players.....The only statue we need is one of Guardiola.

De Bryne Plan

So we have gone back to the Revie Plan, with no conventional centre forward. Plus ca change ....

Alexandrian-_Blue
Providing we have Fodens, De Bruynes and Gundogans who can take the chances why play with a central striker who is relatively easily marked.

We have seen football develop into lines of 4 and it seems obvious that you break this by finding space between the lines of 4 and running through them.

It will be very interesting indeed to see if Pep pursues this false striker system or whether it is a one-season wonder. I think a lot of City fans assume that we will solve it by simply replacing Haaland but what is there to solve if we are successful with this system?

Providing we have Fodens, De Bruynes and Gundogans who can take the chances why play with a central striker who is relatively easily marked.

We have seen football develop into lines of 4 and it seems obvious that you break this by finding space between the lines of 4 and running through them.

It will be very interesting indeed to see if Pep pursues this false striker system or whether it is a one-season wonder. I think a lot of City fans assume that we will solve it by simply replacing Haaland but what is there to solve if we are successful with this system?
Best to keep evolving/changing. Even change it during a match if needs be. It keeps the opposition on their toes if they’ve no idea what they’re likely to come up against each week.

It's a long time since there was anything so innovative at City. Sadly, I'm still haunted by so many other failed plans - the Daley plan; the Bradbury plan; the Buster plan; the Beanie plan.
What a decade it's been. Who'd have thought that we'd start losing all our icons but the football's getting better and better?
Credit where it's due - Pep! A seemless rebuild.

We’ve only got one of each them, unfortunately

I’d be surprised if Pep has ever heard of the Revie Plan. He said the words “we have no history” himself the other week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.